Capacitor

Username: Thajoka

Post Number: 5
ok i have a cap dont ahve the thing to charge so the things i was wondering is 1 i got a 12v bulb from korger in the auto selction can i sharge it with that 2 do i wanna have it hooked up then charge it have all hook but the cable to the battery then charge just charge first then hook up 3 how do i hook it up for the way i think whould be + from batt to 2 twisted wires then in cap other wire that was twisted to the amp and ground from bolt to twisted wires toether to cap then to amp thats how i was gonna do it is it right and how do i charge it?

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 124
Caps are a waste of time and money if you bought it locally return it all they can really be used for as a bass stiffener but nothing more then that . If you really want to help you electrical get a Kinetic Battery . AS for charging im not sure and hook up positive to positive cap to amp , ground to cap and separate ground to amp .

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6674
Brad, instead of a capacitor get yourself one good/great battery and a high output alternator. If you do choose to get a high output alternator you'll also need to upgrade the wiring of your charging system.

Google the "Big 3" for instructions on how to do the big 3 wiring upgrade, it's fairly simple.

Username: Jory

North east point, Nova scotia Canada

Post Number: 1
ok well i had just bought a cap and i charged it and i unhooked it and it died, so now when ever i try to charge it, it makes a high pitched ringing noise, is this something normal not getting enough juice?

Bronze Member
Username: Typejl

Hopkinton, Iowa United states

Post Number: 22
what kind of cap is it
and does it have a digital reading on how many volts its has

Username: Jory

North east point, Nova scotia Canada

Post Number: 2
umm 12.25 i think around there

Username: Mark_pile

Wolverhampton, West midlands United kingdom

Post Number: 5
to charge a cap first fit it all in place, secure the ground wire, make sure it's the same gauge as the rest of your amp kit, then you have to charge it, all you do is hold the bulb in place on the pos terminal and you amp lead the other side, with engine running, when buld fades out, remove it and fit your amp cable to the cap, simple

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7368
Ugh, all of these capacitor threads make me want to throw up. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE, thanks :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us