Fuse constantly blowing...

Bronze Member
Username: Krom79

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 14
I got my alpine cda 9856 headunit installed about a year ago and since then the fuse for the center console blows pretty frequently. Initially the fuse just went after hit bumps or took sharp turns, now it just sometimes chooses to go. For instance, today I i cranked the car and the fuse blew, then i put a new one in and it blew as we
ll. Any suggestions or ideas of what could be causing this?

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 153
have you got any exposed wires or anything that could be touching. It could be that your not using the correct rated fuse

Bronze Member
Username: Alpine97

Greenwood, Indiana USA

Post Number: 42
Well there is definatly a negative somewhere. Thats exactly what it is. You need to pull out the HU and see what is grounding out. Because what is eventually going to happen is that the fuses are going to blow and there is going to be power running to the HU and you are going to fry it. Thats what happened to my friends amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Krom79

Lilburn, GA US

Post Number: 15
Ok I'm going to get one of my friends to take a look at it. He installed all of his car audio equipment so he will know what to look for more than I would.

Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 2
If the ground and toe power wires are touching, this can make the fuse blow. also if the power wire is touching metal on the car, it will ground out and blow the fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us