Wiring of Capacitors

Username: Slash

Harrisburg, PA USA

Post Number: 3
I've seen a few ways of wiring a stiffening capacitor into a system. The positive lead from the battery goes into the + on the capacitor and then from there to the + on the amp. But for the ground.. Should it also go from - on the amp to the capacitor and then to metal on the car.. OR should they both (amp and cap) make separate runs to metal on the car?

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 73
dont use a capacitor bill, if you think you NEED to use one because your lights dim ect.. then a new alternator which puts out more amps than your stock one would a much better choice, the best use for a power capacitor is when used like a cattle prod on a car audio thief.

Username: Slash

Harrisburg, PA USA

Post Number: 10
My car (Beretta Z26) only can take a 105 Amp Alternator. I'm pulling a max of 920 RMS. The 600 RMS @ 1-ohm from the ORION 600D, and the 80 x 4 @ 4-ohm from the PPI PCX-480. Does anyone know if 105 amp alternator is enough for that? I think the capacitors help, but my original question was about the wiring of them. Separate ground than the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 141
Upgrade the alternator

Joey
Unregistered guest
You need to upgrade your alt. Caps won't do anything when you have a low amp alt.

Anonymous

do both um yeah do both a good cap can make a bad system good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us