Frustrating amp!

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 425
The Rubicon 1000-2 amp i purchased from ca classifieds as new was tested today on a dd3515 wired the sub to a 2 ohm load and bridged it onto the amp but the amp barely pushes it, looked like it was being pushed by a 25 watt amp. I then hook it up to left channel and did the same thing also the right channel... then i read the manual and did some of the things it said, but same crap results! after 2 hours of headache i decided to wire a jL w6 old version sub to it, the sub was wired at 6 ohms and bridged onto the amp still barely pushed it and the sub has a low rms rating to it, even an audiobahn amp i had before pushed it good. What can be wrong here? im going to send a pm to mark about this asap, 4-5 hours of my life that i will never get back.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 325
good luck with that man

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4927
How many watts per channel is that amp rated to do? And your not planning to use it on a sub are you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
Yes planning to run them on subs Was testing it to see how well it worked since my mmats problem i am now cautiously paranoid about amps that act funnny. here's what the manual says on it. all three colums serprated into these specs on it.

4ohm stereo
(8 ohm bridged)
(12.6Vdc)
200wx2
(400wx1)

2ohm stereo
(4 ohm bridged)
(14.4 Vdc)
500wx2
1000wx1)

1 ohm stereo
(2ohm bridged)
(14.4 Vdc)
500wx2
(1000wx1)

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
Was gonna test to see if worked w/o a problem and sit it in my closet till summer. The spare fuse came in plastic packet that looked like it had been restappled and colour on the metal part is corroted a lil still never opened it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4930
That amp is really better suited for a front stage........ didn't you get an atomic 5000.1 also?

If you are going to use it as a sub amp, with that 3515 connected it should be doing 1000 watts which should push that sub pretty well. Check all settings: did you set the gain?, does it have a subsonic filter?, and make sure the LPF is set around 80-85. Having that too low and the subsonic too high can cause what you described.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
I checked everything even has a clipping indicator, clip lights would turn on when gain is full and bass boost is up, should it be clipping at .56 Db's on the TL? Spent my last of cash on this and is giving me a headach.
Yes also the atomic 5000.1 was sent in for repairs I hope Atomic does a good repair job and not crappy ones like DB R website says some people do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
Yes he responded back basically saying it was sold as, new and since its' nature of item being sold there is no refund and suggested me to call the SSA customer service again which i need not to i responded, he is the owner and i need no suggestions from his cutomer support to suggest if im wiring something wrong, I already spent hours testing and rewiring everything. I guess i can't do anything about it eh? amp was basically broke upon arriving on first power on.Now anyone know where i can sent this thing in for repairs besides soundstream? contacted them but still no response so i don't want em touching it.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 99
That amp is hosed if it is wired right. I have a 300 and it pushed a single 12 quite hard. Not that often amps work like that though, with limited output. There *may* not be that much wrong with it.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13445
make sure u bash him on ca.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
The regulars there tried to bash me even though I didn't bash him; under buyer sellers feeback lol.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 709
just put some negative post... so other people know about his bs...

Username: 98malibu

Bladenboro, Nc North america

Post Number: 5
what problems can i face with a bad ground wire?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us