Glasswolf and other knowledgeable experts

D
Unregistered guest
I have a bazooka el500 500 RMS pushing a audiobahn 1200Q 700 RMS. Pesonally I think it hits very hard for the small wattage, everyone who gets into the car thinks I have 2 12's.

However, you and everyone else on here say audiobahn sucks. Im guessing I havent heard enough other system or pushed my system enough to understand the quality of audiobahn.

Anyway, I am about to upgrade my system soon. Which components do you suggest? what do you suggest staying away from?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3242
if you're happy with the system, that's all that really matters.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 74
It's more an issue of material quality and sound quality than SPL. That's why I don't like them, anyway. (They're not exactly the best SPL, but not the worst, either) They're more unreliable than other higher end brands. How much are you willing to spend and what do you want out of it? SPL, Sound quality, or a good blend of both? Like Glasswolf said above, are you happy with it? If you're upgrading just because of the name, but are happy with it, There's really no point in spending a lot of money.

D
Unregistered guest
The current system cost $280, I plan to upgrade to a higher wattage 2 12 setup with a $5-$600 price range for sub and amp. I plan to push it alot more than the one I have now. So I need something that will perform very well and last for a long time.

Any suggestions or types you would choose. I am going for a good blend of both SQ and SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 88
A JBL 1200.1 amp would be about $300. That's about the cheapest reliable power you'll get. You still have 200-300 for subs. You can keep your existing box if you already have 12's and get a sub that recommends the same (or near the same) volume. Adire Audio Shivas are very nice, 125 each. You can look around for others, too, make sure they can take 600W RMS. Read reviews, too, they can be very helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 152
I have always loved Rockford and especally there AMP's

D
Unregistered guest
i asked for GlassWolf and other knowledgable experts to answer my thread patrick, not you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us