2 15" quantum audio subs. which amp can power these?

Username: Sonic_assault

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
i have 2 15" quantum audio subs. i have a crappy amp and a 2farad cap. my car struggles to star and my lights dim . when i upgrade to a quantum amp which is way more powerful than this one , what kind of power will i need?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 554
you will need to upgrade your alternator
also the wiring of the alternator
and your battery
which amp will you be upgrading to

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1037
We need specs on the subs and amp you are currently running, and the specs of the amp you plan to buy. If you say your car struggles to start, then you need a new battery and/or alternator already. What size power and ground wires are you running to the amp? Also, a capacitor isn't necessary for your setup.

Are these the subs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quantum-Audio-15-Sub_W0QQitemZ280166708294QQihZ018QQcategory Z18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 58
quantum used to be good now junk a under company of db drive new quatum woofers take no power woofer is more like 400w rms than a true 1000w

Username: Avaryj

Frisco, Tx U.S.

Post Number: 6
Quantum is like having Legacy subs. Good luck!

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
man i just got my amp (the quantum ) everything sounds like crap they sound like 2 10's. the subs are 4 ohm dvc the amp is 3000 peak 1500 at 2 0hms. it is a class d but it apparantley has 2channels. im using a hi/lo adapter from one of my rear deck speakers. could it be faulty rca's?

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
4 gauge wiring nothing upgraded as far as wiring under the hood. battery is only about 4 weeks old. is it that important for the wires under the hood to be upgraded? could this possibly have such a huge effect on the sound?

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 5
my amp is bridged. it is a mono block but it has 2 channels. in the mannual it says the outout terminals are connected together so is it even necessary to bridge? this is really starting to get on my nerves.

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
thats supposed to be *output

Bronze Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 52
i had a quantum solar series 1500 watt amp powering 4 12's

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3743
Agreed with everyone else Quantum audio sucks big time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us