Amp problem

Billy Bob
Unregistered guest
I have two identicle amps for my subs and the setting on each are the exact same. Well, one amp is pushing much more than the other. What could be the problem? The amp itself, or could it be something simple like a ground or something? please help. I am trying to keep from having to send it back to the company to have it fixed.

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 51
what amps do you have billy bob? (make+model)

who
Unregistered guest
i have a directed 1100d mono d amp. thinking about what subs to get i have a couple choices in mind but not sure what to get. i looked at the diamond audio m6 today. i have also been looking at the solo barics and jl audio. i have also been told to look for image dynamics but dont no where to find them. any body have suggest.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 22
how is the wiring on the subs? have you checked to make sure they are the same?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3224
did you try adjusting the gains for both amps so the output is balanced?

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
amp problems solved $44.99
jayamaroirocz28@yahoo.com

Billy Bob
Unregistered guest
The amps are both Hifonics Brutus amps. all my subs are wired in parallel. Two to one amp and two to the other. Well, I can make them both be the same output but the gain on one has to be turned alot higher than the other. Is that how is should be? I'm pretty new to this so I am sorry if I sound silly.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3230
are you using a Y splitter to feed the signal to both amps, or are you using RCA line output from one amp to daisychain to the next one for signal?

Billy Bob
Unregistered guest
I tried a new set of rca's and that fixed it. I have them daisychained. One of the rca's was broke. Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us