Amp selection help

Unregistered guest
I have two Alpine 12" subs that RMS at 300 watts and max out at 600 watts each. I was looking at the Lanzar Vibe 248 amp to power them. I know Lanzar isn't that good of a brand but the specs are the exact same. The Lanzar Vibe 248 has an RMS of 300x2 watts at 4 Ohms and a max of 600x2 watts. Plus the price isn't bad. Should I get this amp or would somebody recomend another one? I'm looking to spend $100-$200.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 14
If your looking to stay within the 100-200 dollar range i would recmondd a profile amp.
I have one in one of me car setups and I highly recomnd it for the price.
http://profileusa.com/products_amps_ca.cfm
CA400 400W 2 Channel Amplifier

Unregistered guest
I was thinking more along the lines of a Profile CA1200, which has the same specs as my subs. Ok I'm going to take a poll. What I'm looking for is sound quality 1st then power 2nd. Which would be better, the Lanzar Vibe 248 amp for $132 or the Profile CA1200 amp for $168?

Anonymous

If you want a Lanzar why not get it for 122.00

http://store.teptronics.com/vibe248.html

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 14
why not just leave $200 on the ground at the store? thats pretty much what you would be doin by buying those amps. JBL BP600.1 is $220, i know its over $200, but is much better quality and is a mono class d amp with 600 watts rms and is stable at 1 or 2 ohms.

Doug
Unregistered guest
600 watt rms would blow my subs, they are 600 watts max. Plus its a mono channel amp so I would have to buy 2 of them to run 2 subs wouldn't I?

Joey
Unregistered guest
No, you would wire them together to that amp to get 300 watts to each. Is is DVC and what is the ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 132
The 600W RMS would be fine, the power would divide between the subs and they'd get 300W each.It's 600W RMS at a 2 or 1 ohm load, so If you wire the subs for that, the subs will get 300WRMS each. It's a perfect match and probably your best bet for an amp.

Doug
Unregistered guest
It is Dual voice coil at 4ohm + 4ohm per sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us