BD1000.1 1-ohm Stable?

Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 8
Could anyone tell me if the Rockford BD10001 is 1-ohm stable. I checked their website and they say it's only 2-ohm. I talked to a lot of installers and sales reps who say it's actually 1-ohm stable. Can anyone give me some good insight. Any feedback would be great.

I need to run it at 1-ohm, what would happen if I do and it's only 2-ohm?

Thanks again Fellas!

Trixy
Unregistered guest
you will have half the power on the sub eg.

Subwoofer 1 ohm 1200Rms = 2ohm 600RMS .... Aproxx

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3134
if its not stated to be 1 ohm stable, you're taking chances trying to run it at 1 ohm.

Username: Joe718

Post Number: 5
Glass is right but if you want to stick with rockford check out there new line the t1001bd is one ohm stable

Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 9
What kind of chances am I dealing with here, Glass? Will the amp blow? Will it distort my speakers? I don't have enough for a new amp and I don't want to leave my old one sit on the table for ever. I can't run those two L7's on 4-ohms cuz that wouldn't be enough power. I might just have to take my chances and hope rockford amps are good enough.

Any other potentially hazardous reactions by running it 1-ohm?

Thanks again.

someone
Unregistered guest
If it is not 1ohm stable it will burn it up.

T=lo
Unregistered guest
A few of my friends run their rockford BD 1000's at 1-ohm. None of them have ever had a problem. Try it out, if your amp runs really hot, or if it cuts out when you turn it up they don't do it, but if it plays fine then don't even worry about it.

Username: Joe718

Post Number: 7
If an amp is rated at a certain load, its rated at that load for a resaon, running that amp at a 1 ohm load will most like kill your warranty if it were to blow because its clearly stated 2 ohm load. Its up 2 u if u want to run the risk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us