Archive through December 15, 2006

Username: Scary

Post Number: 1
okay, ive looks everyone and i cant find any answers... please help!
i have a Viper 791vx and ive tried adding a new remote after my old one died. in the process, i have managed to program the arm and disarm buttons to both arm the alarm. hence, its always armed. how do i disarm the alarm without using the remote so i can reprogram my new remote?

thankyou for anyones help.

kind regards
steve

Bronze Member
Username: Skater_bum

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 18
Here's a link to the installation manual for the Viper 791XV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_07-05.pdf

It should tell you how to program a new remote. If you don't find it in there, check your owner's manual.

Username: Feifei

Post Number: 2
can someone tell me where i can get a copy of viper 671xv alarm system installation manual? Thank you!

andy, see post above your post...

Skater Bum, thanks but programming the remote isnt the problem, its disarming the vehicle without a remote... and the installation manual doesnt explain how to do this.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 19
Andy, here's a link to the Viper 671XV installation guide:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N437V_05-04.pdf

Ivan, it IS in your Owner's Manual on page 24. Here, I'll paste it here:

Disarming without a transmitter

If your remote transmitter is lost or damaged, you can manually disarm your vehicle security system. To disarm the system without a transmitter, you must have the vehicle's ignition key and know where the Valet button is located. Be sure to check with your installer at the time of installation for both the location
and the preset response (1-5 presses) of the Valet button.
To disarm the security system, turn the ignition to the ON position. Press the Valet button the
preset number of times (one to five times) within 15 seconds. After five seconds, the system will disarm. If the system does not
disarm, you may have waited too long; turn the ignition off and on and try again.

I think the default number of presses is 1.

Post Number: 3
thankyou very much skaterbum
i must have overlooked this whie i was getting angry with the alarm :-)

cheers mate

Username: Tripperking

Las Vegas

Where Can I find an Owners Manual for a Viper 550esp - Thanks

Username: Feifei

thank you so much skaterbum!!
you really helped me!

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 20
Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 550ESP:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N553V.pdf

Username: Tripperking

Las Vegas

Thank you very much. If you are ever in need of Subaru Knowledge I hope I can help.

Username: Jstabb1

I have a viper 560vx but i need to know what not to hook up for the remote start. I want to just install the alarm for now. What do i use and what dont i?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 23
Personally, I would just hook everything up right away. The only wires that the remote start uses exclusively is the second ignition wire, accessory wires, tach wire and brake wire. You can hook them up safely and just not use that function of the system.

Username: Aramis

Can someone post a link to the 220-Max alarm? It's a Viper alarm for motorcycles. I would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks

Mark

Username: Nmm55

Oakland, CA

My husband recently bought a car with a viper RPN 489VPX (FCC ID# is EZSDE1489) and now he needs the manual. Can someone please post a link or tell me where to find one online? Thanks!

Username: B_sharp

justin lindy,
it is not a good idea to connect everything up all at once, makes diagnostics more difficult, especially for the DIY. I'm a BSEE and I just installed a similar viper 791xv.

I recommend using an Anti-Static strap from your wrist to a vehicle ground, whenever handling the alarm brain.

first verify alarm brain works:
() NEVER touch ANY exposed connector pins of alarm brain
() individually electrical tape ALL unused exposed wire ends
() disconnect battery (+)
() remove fuse to alarm brain
INPUTS
() DMM meter voltage test ALL inputs before connect
() connect constant power to brain (H1-11)
() connect ground
() connect valet switch
() connect door pin trigger
() connect hood pin switch trigger
() factory alarm disable or arm (if needed)
() attach shock sensor connector
() attach antenna
OUTPUTS
() attach siren
() attach LED
() re-connect battery (+)
() re-connect fuse to alarm brain

Alarm should work. Test by opening door.
Don't lose remote transmitter until IGnition connected.

Play with it a couple days. Then
() connect primary IGnition (IG1)

IGnition required to manually disarm
and reset alarm.

That is enough for the Alarm to work right.
All connections are T-TAP except STarter is CUT.

Starter Immobilizer (aka satellite relay)
() connect STarter (starter side) CUT
() connect STarter (key side) CUT

DONE: Alarm with Starter disable.

I just finished my 'remote start' ignition hookups. Yes it's best to connect up in functional pieces, simplifies diagnosing the install. :-)

CONNECTION STATIC SAFE ORDER

1st connection: your body connected to chassis ground (static strap or plain wire)
2nd connection: should be Alarm brain ground wire to vehicle chassis ground.
Next connections: all the rest, any order

Having your body connected via static strap, your hands are now at 'ground potential', same as Alarm brain, so little chance of static discharge (about 10,000 volts) from carpet or seats, frying the alarm brain via connector pins.

Post Number: 5
KEYLESS ENTRY

Also if your vehicle already has factory Keyless Entry feature (door lock inputs & outputs), do NOT install it. The factory door locks adds another independent layer of protection for the small inconvenience of carrying 2 remotes. :-)

Username: Tune

Elk Grove, CA United States

I have a Viper 790XV alarm that is not transmitting from the vehicle. When I push any button on the remote control, nothing functions (alarm, remote start, panic). The "Transmit" icon flashes but the "Receive" icon does not. All that happens is that after the "Transmit" icon flashes, the "Signal Indicator" icon flashes and the remote beeps (3 series of 2 beeps: beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep). The battery in the remote is fresh and I set and unset the valet mode. The alarm has power since the LED lit up in valet mode and the auto door locks work after I start the vehicle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 27
Reprogram the remote control to the main unit.

Where can I find instructions to do that?
Thanks.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 28
Here's a link to the installation guide:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf

Refer to page 30 - 31 for programming instructions.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Skater Bum!

Username: Spooncivic

hello.

i just purchased a replacement transmitter.

i am wondering what a valet botton is. Since I purchased a car that had the alarm system, I dont know anything about the system.

If anyone knows where it is located, please let me know.

Thank you.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 35
The valet button is a switch that is used to program the alarm system and also to put the system into valet mode (sleep mode).

It is usually located under the driver side of the dash on a dash panel or kick panel. If it is a Viper alarm system, it is most likely going to be momentary switch, silver in color with a black plastic head on it. On other systems it's sometimes just a silver toggle switch.

Your best bet is to crawl under your dash and see if you can locate the control unit and find the model number. This will help in the process of finding information for your system.

Username: Myutopia

Hello...

My car recently had a battery that completely drained and set my alarm to the factory defaults upon a replacement battery.

The alarm is a Viper C50 and the factory defaults (e.g. alarm is active upon last door closed, no audible arm/disarm, no door locks upon ignition or unlock upon turning off ignition) are less than ideal.

Would anyone possibly have the programming manual? I really would like to reset these options back.

Thanks in advance,
myutopia@aol.com

Username: Morcheeba

i bought an used integra that came equipped with a viper 650xv which was programmed with auto start. when i press the two buttons the car tries to start, but seems to stop right when the engine is about to turn over. it does this two more times and then the lights flash and it stops. any idea on how to make this work?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 40
What year Integra? Does it have a transponder system?

It sounds like one of two things:
1. You lost your tach programming or
2. Your transponder bypass, if equipped, is malfunctioning or isn't installed properly.

i have no idea if it has a transponder system. how exactly would i go about finding out if i have one? it's a 97.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 41
The 1997 Acura Integra didn't come with a transponder system. It sounds like all you should have to do it reprogram your tach signal into the unit.

Here's a link to the installation manual for the Viper 650XV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N436V.pdf

The add-on remote start has a different model number. What is it?

where would i locate the model number?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 42
Normally its molded into the plastic on the top of the unit. (i.e. Viper 650XV)

Username: Andy_louw

Hi, I have a 1999 toyota camry and viper 550 esp system. My transmitter was getting wet and stoped working while I was out of my parked car. I want to disarm my car by the valet button, however, after all the unsuccessful effort (unlock the door with the alarm on, tow the car back to my garage, change the battery on the transmitter, try my second ignition key....), now I can not even turn the ignition to "on" position. (The key can be turned before. I don't know extactly when it stoped working) Anybody encount this before? really appreciate your help!

Username: Jdannehl

Hello, I am installing a Viper 791XV remote starter in my car and the guide isn't very particular on the door lock connections. Can I connect the wires directly from the Viper module to the unlock/lock switch wires in the car or do I need to add in relays for those two wires? Thanks for the help!

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 45
Jeff Dannehl,

First off, what kind of car are you putting this on? Make/Model/Year?

My appologies. The car is a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue. In addition to my locks, I found something weird with my trunk release. The wire that my dealer hooked up to my old keyless entry is showing 12 volts until the trunk release button on the dash is pushed. It then shows 0 volts, not sure if it shows a direct ground or not. Does this sound right? Will I need a relay in this situation? Thanks for the help!

Username: Jorge9043

i have a viper alarm 550esp its on a 98 honda civic. and my mom and dad got into a fight and she took the remote from him and now we cant turn on the car because the car will not turn on unless you use the remote to unlock the car. we have the key to the car and it will not turn on .is there a way we can deactivate the alarm so we can use the car with the key only and not the remote.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 47
Turn the key on and press the valet button. It's in your Owner's Manual for the Viper 500ESP.

Hey All! I am trying to find the Tach wire on my 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue with a 3.5 and not having much luck. The wiring guide says it is a white wire in c2, pin 8 of the ECM, but when I tested this wire, I only get 0.05 volts with the engine running and it doesn't respond to throttle movements. Am I doing something wrong? Can I use a fuel injector wire instead? I probed both injector wires and they both show the same voltage with no change with throttle movement. Any help would be appriciated!

skater bum i tried that and the siren never came off althought the car turned on. i tried it a second time and the car didnt turn on only the siren went of

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 49
Jeff Dannehl,

Do you have your meter set to AC volts or DC volts? It should be on AC volts when testing for tach. Have you tried attaching the tach wire to the wire you probed and programmed tach to see if it works?

jorge,

The valet switch can be programmed to respond to 1 - 5 presses for the disarm function. You must check with the installer to verify the programming for your individual unit.

One last thing you can try is to put it into valet mode. To do this, open a door, turn the key on and then back off and within 10 seconds, press the valet button. If you did it right, the LED should come on solid and stay that way until you take it out of valet mode.

ok thanks skater bum i will try and see if it will work

Username: Autigergal05

My dad has a viper alarm installed on a honda accord and has lost the keychain. He had to undo the battery, otherwise the alarm sounds without stopping. Does anyone know what he needs to do to disable the alarm permanently? Right now he is unable to drive the car....

well jenifer i had the same problem and we had to look for a little black box on the bottom of the steering wheel and take the biggest wire of from the alarm and it worked

Username: Bandolero

Hi everyone I need some help. I have the viper alarm 350HV. Today I did an engine wash and now I am not hearing the chirps when the alarm is armed or disarmed. Can anyone help me please?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 57
STEFFAN SHEPHARD, You probably got water in the siren. If your siren was mounted correctly, it will be facing the ground. If it was mounted face up, it's more than likely you got water in it and may have to replace it. Once water gets into a siren, it may continue to work once the water has evaporated but after while it will corrode and become inoperable.

Username: Nolimitaudio

Oak Hill, Florida USA

I installed the 791xv viper alarm in a 1998 chevy Surban and the remote start only turns engine over but will not crank. It only turns it over and does not start, and it keeps trying to start the vehicle but never does.
What can I do?

Patti,
Be sure that you have installed an immoblizer for the Passlock 2 system in your vehicle (Directed 555LW). Also be sure that the tach wire is connected and the unit has learned the tach signal. Otherwise you will need to set the unit to voltage sense.

Oak Hill, Florida USA

my 791xv remote, doesn't show arm/disarm, or unlock/lock, all it will do is show unlock icon. What's the problem, how can I fix???

Username: Bandolero

Thanks for the info and the quick reply Skater Bum.

Oak Hill, Florida USA

I have a 791xv everything works except when the remote start, starts and runs but when it stops it blows the main 12volt red wire what can I do?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 65
Patti Phillips,

Did you install this unit yourself or did you have it professionally installed by an authorized dealer?

Username: Rafast

Where Can I find an Owners Manual for a Viper 500esp - Thanks

Sorry, I meant the installation guide for a Viper 500esp - Thanks

The install guide for the 500esp is at:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N439V.pdf

Good luck!

thanx Jeff

Username: Yaz3

I NEED HELP!!
i got a viper 791XV, and the remote start is broken, when i start it up it starts up once then cuts off then again n cuts off & does it a third time and cuts off. Can any1 help me pls. Thanks

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 74
Ayaz Khan,

Either your system has lost its tach programming or your bypass unit isn't functioning. What type of car is it on? Make/Model/Year?

Username: Bigcraig

I have a tricky one for you!!!! I have a viper791vx installed by a dealer rep. on my 1998 chevy 3500 p/up. Shortly after install i started having transmission shift issues but never thaught it was he alarm.I took it to a shop for the transnission problem and found that i needed a new ignition wire harness as the installer or alarm did something to affect the shift signals to my trany. The auto shop did not reinstall my alarm to the new harness and the truck runs great so i reconnected the wires to the nw harness all connections are solid ( twisted and soldered ) which is recomended in the install duide but wasnt done by the original installer.Since the reinstall i am havein the same problem as before (intermitent. I have since discovered that this is only happening after i have used the remote start and then put the key in and drive off. so far the fix has been to pull over, shut off the truck and reset the tach signal. A couple of times this didnt work but it usualy does. Is this a wireing,programing, or component problem. Also tonight the truck started on its ow twice while i was inside, I only knew because i heard the remote(no one was anywhere near either remote when this happened.Ok make that three times now, it just started while i was typing this.

Ok i fixed the phantom starting problem my 2 1/2 year old staeted the truck w/ the remote earlier in the evening and i guess he figured out how to auto start every 3 hours before i did.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 75
craig agosta,

It sounds like your 791XV isn't hooked up to your second ignition wire. There is a pink/white wire on the 791XV relay module that should go to your white wire coming from the ignition switch. This would explain all of your problems.

What happens is when you remote start your truck, it's only powering up the dash controls and the engine. The second igniton wire (white) powers up the computer. If this wire isn't powered up at start, your truck will seem like its driving in low gear and sometimes trip your "service engine soon" light. This would explain why the service department replaced your ignition wires because the computer probably stated that it wasn't powering up and the technician automatically thinks, bad wire.

Check to see if your pink/white wire is hooked to anything before using your remote start again.

OK, I checked for the pink/white wire it is hooked up but i found a red/white wire with a crimp on connector on it but it hasn't been crimped to any thing could this be the problem and if so is there enough power in the red ignition wire already tapped into by the heavy guage and small gage red wires or does it go to the red/white wire on my ignition harness that has not been touched. Thanks for the help Craig

Hey skater Bum, do you know how i can get in touch with Viper to discuss this problem. When i get this fixed i am going to request reimbursement from the installer for my repairs and i can only assume the installer will be a jerk about it as he had some attitude with me when i asked a few questions at the time of install. I would hope if he does that Viper would support me as he was a "authorized viper installer"

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 77
craig agosta,

The red/white wire from the 791XV should be hooked up to 12V constant. On GM trucks, there is usually a thick red wire and a thick red/black wire on the ignition harness. Both should be high current 12V constant power. The two red wires and the 1 red/white wire from the relay module on the 791XV should all go to constant 12V.

As for contact information:

United States

Address : 1 Viper Way, Vista, CA 92081
Phone : 1-800-876-0800, 1-760-598-6200
Fax : 1-760-598-6400
Map : Click here to open a map

United Kingdom

Address : Unit C, Longmead Business Center
Epsom, Surrey, UK KT19 9QQ
Phone : 011-44-1372-847120

Username: Hparater

Gaithersburg, Md Usa

i have a mustang gt 2002,i bought 2nd hand.equiped w/ a viper alarm. it stopped working. will not lock or unlock.i tried changing batery,didnt fix.if someone knows how to temp. disarm or a code to punch in to fix,that would be great.i think its a 791 id:ezsde1478. thank you.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 81
john h parater,

If you can find the model number of the system, I can probably help you out. It should be installed under the driver side of the dash. I will be a black box that should look out of place. The model number will be on the top side of the unit. The number that you listed above is just the part number of the remote control.

Username: Hparater

Gaithersburg, Md Usa

i found the black box and diconnected the largest cable terminal going into the box,which disarmed the system.the numbers on the box are 791xv,v406020 022.i still want to fix, so if you know how to, please tell. thank you.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 84
john h parater,

Here is a link to the installation guide for the Viper 791XV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_07-05.pdf

It should contain everything you need to know about your system. If you need the owner's manual as well, let me know.

Thaks Skater Bum, Its a VW Golf Mk4 2001, R32 Kit, Exhust,Rims etc.
Ayaz Khan

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 85
Ayaz Khan,

It looks like your car takes a 556UW interface module. This is a little black box that you put a spare key into so the car will start. Either the key has moved inside this box or the antenna that goes around your ignition switch has moved. Check those two things and see if it fixes your problem.

Thanks Skater Bum, yh it does have little black box with the spare key init, do i jus take that apart? and if so what do i do after i take it apart put it back in place. and wheres the antenna that goes around your ignition switch?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 86
Ayaz Khan,

Take out the four screws that hold the box together and open it up. Make sure that the key is positioned squarely in the coil that is attached to the circuit board. Reassemble the box and make sure that the wires that are coming out of it are plugged in tight.

The antenna will be a black two lead wire leading up to the ignition switch. At the end of the wire is a loop of wire covered in plastic that wraps around the key cylinder. This loop should be tight against the key ring. Some cars are more strict with the antenna placement than others. It may take a couple of adjustments before you get it just right. I usually use a tar-like substance called "installers putty" to hold it in place. I use this because it's not easily affected by heat or extreme cold. Try readjusting the antenna and see if the vehicle starts.

Username: Dstorton

hi all, I have a viper c50 ( ancient) alarm installed that i need to remove. Can anyone give me the install istructions so I can get it out? It keep killing my battery. email it please.

Username: Gavinwu

does anyone have the installation manual for the viper 480vx and how to program it to auto lock the car after the ignition has been turned or any add ons such as boot popper and the smart window scrolling function

thanks

Username: Ykirko

Hi ,
I have a viper 551U. Is anyone have a link to installation guide? (I got thru all forum but cannot find inst. guide for 551U)..

Thanks,

I am actually not sure that this remote starter is Viper but it is directed electronics ltd. product.... I just have MODEL 551U on a top, it uses 471 transmitter and has 8pin main harness, 6 pin shutdown harness, 5 ping sattelite relay harness and 2 pin harnesses for antenna and valet switch. Is anyone can help me to identify the unit and get installation diagramm....
Thanks,

Username: Gavinwu

can anyone give me a link for the viper 480vx alarm asap or something near it asap thanks

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 91
Yuriy Kirko,

Here's a link to the 551T. It might be close enough to the unit that you have.

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/valet/N551T.pdf

Skater Bum,
Thanks a lot!!!!

Username: Ghost_riderz

does anyone know the wire diagram for a viper 3000? i looked everywhere, was there another name for the viper 3000?

Username: Ghost_riderz

the viper 3000 is a two way remote
fcc: EZSDE1487

it was professionally installed at a stereo shop, but my car crashed and it was total. i took out this alarm and now i just have it sitting around. i want to install it on my car i just bought, but i need the wire code for it. if anybody knows where i can get it, please tell me. thank you.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 100
suki vaj,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 3000:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N3201V_02-05.pdf

Username: Marin8703

hey, can someone please post a link to the installation guide for the Viper 5900 (SST). Or email it to me at marin8703@msn.com I gratly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 115
Marin Assalisyki,

I can't find that model number on DEI's web site. The closest thing that I can find is a 591XV. Are you sure you've got the right model number?

Username: Jacktam

Anyone,

Please post installation manual for Viper 479 FCC ID: EZSDE1478. I bought a replacment remote but it didn't come with a manual.

Thanks.

hey Skater Bum, thank you very much for the response. Viper 5900 (p/n 5301V) Thats what DEI site sais, this is the link

http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_responder_sst.asp

I thoght it was 5900, but it probably is 5301V.

Again, thanks for the quick response, and for the help!

SkaterBum, are you able to find installation instructions for Viper 5900 (p/n 5301V). I guess the part number is 5301V.

I appreciate any help you can offer. Sorry for the initial incorect number.

do i still have the wrong number?

Thanks for your time!

Username: Johna2u

Can anyone help
I am looking for the installation guide for the viper 5900, (Car Starter/w Security)

Thanks---->John

Username: Johna2u

Can anyone help
I am looking for the installation guide for the viper 5900, (Car Starter/w Security) I am getting this unit installed professionaly as I work out of town and do not have time. I have a 2000 ford 1 ton dually(F350), the installer wants another $160.00 to leave me a wire (or 2 pigtailed together) from the Viper 5900 so I at a later date I (I am a electrician) can protect my snowmobiles and Lift(when it's finished being built)He claims I need a module to do this.

Thanks---->John

Username: Mikefisher

Punta CanaDominican Re...

hi guys,
i bought a '98 accord with a viper EZSDEI476, 476V, 266code.
never had that kind of alarm/control.
after playing around with it to find out what functions it has, looks like i switched some programation.
now i can't open/close the doors.
any idea where i can find a online manual??
or at least advice how to put basic programation on like open/close the doors?
thanks for any help
Mike

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 129
Michael Wagner,

The number you gave is the model number of the remote control. What you need to find is the model number on the main unit under your dash. Once you find that, I can probably find you the manuals you are looking for.

Post Number: 6
I have a 791XV installed in my car. Just recently my remote has lost it's range. I have to have the remote about 2 feet in front on the antenna to get it to work. Any ideas? Is there some type of reset on the remote I can press? Should I replace my remote? Antenna? Both?? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Username: Mikefisher

Punta CanaDominican Re...

skater bum,
thanks for your help man, i just get lucky to find a guy who knows the system, in an local autostore, but thanks for your fast reply.
those viper controls are a real p... ita.
i'll change soon to something less messing up a trip.
thanks
Mike

Username: Shibbyshey

I recently bought a 95 neon with a Viper 300 Car alarm installed in it and I am looking for someone who knows how to disable the starter kill!!! HELP!!!!

Thanks

Username: Bubbaaa

Grand Rapids, Michigan USA

Hi all, just signed up. I just had a 791xv put in my 96 suburban. It worked well the first night and the next day the alarm has stopped working but the remote start, and keyless is working great. Did I hit a wrong button combination or what am I doing wrong.

Thanks, I have a few more questions but will start with this for now.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 133
Shannon,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Viper 300HF:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

If this isn't the system you have let me know because there is also a 300+ and a 300ESP.

Mike Butler,

It sounds like you've put the system into valet mode. Here's a link to the owner's guide for the Viper 791XV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/viper/G564V_07-05.pdf

The information you are looking for is on page 26.

Thanks Skater Bum, That solved my problem.

Username: Primeminista3

anyway you can post up the installation manual for the viper 350hv, it would be of great help. thanks!

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 134
Steve Trepanier,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 350HV:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N426V_07-05.pdf

Skater Burn, or anyone else with a answer. I have another quick question for you. The alarm has been working and now I hooked up to a trailer and the first time I set the alarm the lights flashed. Now there are no light functions for any action. Is there a fuse that may have blown or could it be a bigger problem?

Thanks for your help

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 135
Mike Butler,

It sounds like you blew the fuse for the parking lights. It's a 10 or 15 amp fuse in a white wire near the control box under the dash. 15 amps is usually sufficient to power the lights on the car but a trailer might be a little too much for the system to handle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us