RD audio 1750 output test...

Silver Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 121
measured 104 volts AC and 28 amps @ 11.75volts... if you don't know ohms law. the load was about 3.7ohm. thats 1.85 ohm per amp.. a real 2912 watts... out a pair if you could keep the voltage to about 13.5 i would expect about 3200 watts @ that same load. just to speculate... @ half that load you should be able to squeeze 4.5K out a pair @ 12 volts... very impressive to say the least...

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1556
how did you measure voltage?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2269
any tests on just one of them?

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 123
AC or DC voltage? i used a clamp meter and a DMM burped it for about 5-6 seconds. i can test just one for ya....

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1559
DMM won't tell you if its clipping or not. you need a scope for that. you could be pumping out a square wave.

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 124
well i don't have one but i assure you its not clipped to hell... i don't like to abuse my stuff...

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1241
thats really high voltage for an amplifier it seems.

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 132
huh???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3090
LOL if you didn't use a scope you have no way of knowing how much the amp is capable of without clipping.

Sorry but your test is BS.

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 146
how you know its clipping? you even know what the wave looks like coming out a class D amp? i do industrial electronics... if i owned an o-scope i would use it but for now i don't. i can get a sine wave analyzer they use to sink generators and use it, but no one else really does it... its just simple test to see how much power i am getting to the woofers.. and there is little to no distortion when i do the test...

people like you piss me off, i was kind enough to test the amps to give an idea of output and you start crying like a woman.. if you want me to scope them send one over... where are your test? wheres your scope? i would sure like to borrow it...

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 147
oh and i guess its a DC signal when i clip the amps too...

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 148
its bacon... you even know anything about these amps? do i have to make a video to show you the voltage? how in the world is that a "high voltage for amps" have you tested any high output amps strapped?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3101
Yes I know what a sine wave, clipped sine wave, or square wave (full clip) look like. And I've got 3 oscilloscopes but you're not borrowing one, lol.

" and there is little to no distortion when i do the test "

Wait, WTF? You do know that you can't use speakers as the load when testing an amplifier, right? You have to use resistors, speaker coils will give a false reading depending on the frequency used.

You really need to read this page before you say anything else about bench testing amplifiers:

http://www.bcae1.com/measpwr.htm

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 149
LMFAO.... you can't use speakers when doing a test? BULLSHIT... I didn't "benchtest"... what don't you understand...if i wanted to i could make a "bench" quite easily... i tested them on the woofers to see what i am getting in my specific appliaction. there is NOTHING wrong with testing an am in such a manner... why in the hell would i want to test my amp on a bunch of heating elements... i want to see how much power i'm getting TO MY SPEAKERS... simple as that....

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 150
oh an explain the "false reading" depending of frequency.....

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1560
Most DMM's are designed to measure AC voltage at the 60Hz range. Anything away from 60Hz may not be accurate.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1561
"if you don't know ohms law. the load was about 3.7ohm. thats 1.85 ohm per amp.."

Does this make sense? the entire load was 3.7 ohms, but half the load is 1.85 ohms? maybe i need to go back to school and slap my professor.

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 152
the amps where strapped.... and my DMM happens to be the 189 series from fluke... and its 50-60hz... which i done the test @ 50 and 55..

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5098
Its too easy to mess up a test w/o a scope....hell i could "show" that my 20.1 is doing 3200w if i wanted to (just clip the hell out of it and get a high voltage).

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 156
what you don't understand is that i CAN push them harder a good deal, but it sounds pretty nasty...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3798
Joel,your attempt at testing is appreciated but apparently not wanted by these guys.You should understand why they all question the method of your test so...no need to flame guys.M.s. proves a good point but there was no need to instantly say his test was BS.You could have been a bit nicer by saying he tested improperly...would I have done that?Maybe,maybe not lol,I have my moods but Joel seems like a good guy so I wouldn't be a d1ckhead to him right off the bat.

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 157
im going to try and get a sinewave analyzer from a friend that works @ caterpillar(he is an electrical engineer) I can't find a O scope and can't afford one at this time.. i never claimed it was with .001% thd, just that it was clean power VIA listing to the woofers..

i know how it is to buy products your not fimilar with so i simply done a test to see what kind of power i was getting... the amps will produce over 3400 watts @ 11.5 volts but it sounds bad... @ 1.3 ohm MAXED i got about 4k @ 11.45 volts but again it was clipped hard... from experience i would say your going to get ruffly a 20% increase @ 13.5 volts and they will be clean enough for even the most demanding users.. 2912x.2 ruffly 3500 watts clean power if it is clipped its not noticeable... not to mention dropping to a true 1ohm load will yield around 2k per amp easily surpassing its 1600watt@1ohm rating..

my point is there very good amps. plain and simple... once i get my alt upgraded and i can get a Oscope i would be more than happy to test them..

it just bothers me when someone such as myself goes out of there way to help others then gets bashed and talked to like an idiot... i wire/sink/and repair generators for a living and i'm 21. i think i do pretty good for myself, when i am working:-(

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4806
c'mon bro just pay for a bench test

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1562
" ruffly 3500 watts clean power if it is clipped its not noticeable.."

How can it be clean AND clipped? We appreciate the efforts, but I don't trust your data. I used the same test method you did on my kx2500.1 and I am now getting 4200 watts on that amp. The birth sheet says 2800 watts. I wonder who's test was flawed?? Mine or Kickers?

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 158
i tell you want... don't even worry about it... its YOUR FAULT you cannot test an amp.. a BENCH test WILL NOT RESULT IN THE SAME RESULTS AS THE TEST I ADMINISTERED.. there is a difference between between the 2 TYPES of loads.... these amps will SMOKE THE hell out of A kx2500.1.. do what you like just don't talk **** about what you don't know. again i guess your an electrical engineer?....
i can go a get a MAX output test if you really want... but fact of the matter is that it was clean power for a burp and a 10 second one at that. whether you believe it or not is your option... I am telling you what amount of power i am getting with a clean output... i know for a fact 2 of the 1750s will eat a 2500 alive with ease @ 11 volts...

also when you administer a better way to test actual power to your SPEAKERS please let me know...

BTW i doubt you even conducted the test correctly yourself... what DMM and ammeter did you use? probably a MAX reading... i have A fluke 189 i know its a TRUE RMS meter...

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 159
how about you pay for the test and stop whining like a girl?

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 160
Lucas your emerging into new level of "stupid" to hear clipping on such a system ill admit is hard to do,but when a lot of experience you CAN hear it... READ WHAT I SAID instead of misquoting and looking DUMB.. I said if you give them a 20% increase making the voltage 13.5 your going to get a clean 3500 or so...NOW since i am not a Oscope and i do the test with my ears i said if it is CLIPPED then its not noticeable.. knowing this i gave what felt to be a very clean signal.. seeing as a could get a good deal more out of the amps but it sounds bad...

do you understand English?

Silver Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 161
Lucas your emerging into new level of "stupid"..
To hear clipping on such a system ill admit is hard to do,but when a lot of experience you CAN hear it... READ WHAT I SAID instead of misquoting and looking DUMB.. I said if you give them a 20% increase making the voltage 13.5 your going to get a clean 3500 or so...NOW since i am not a Oscope and i do the test with my ears i said if it is CLIPPED then its not noticeable.. knowing this i gave what felt to be a very clean signal.. seeing as a could get a good deal more out of the amps but it sounds bad...

do you understand English?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1563
Actually I am an E.E. And English is my main language. I did use a Fluke meter. I did the test exactly as you described and I know that the method is flawed. It's nothing against you. Many people have tried testing amps in the same manner that you did. They just don't understand that it isn't a proper measurement of power. You Fluke meter assumes that the clipped signal is still a perfect sine wave thus indicating a much higher voltage that you are actually getting. It is called a root mean square meter. You do the math. Let me test your amps on a scope and I guarantee you a completely different result. So now why are you calling me stupid? Because of your lack of knowledge? This is called ignorance, which is okay. It is curable with information, but it seems that you decline the information that you are given therefore you remain ignorant. No offence.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2337
Is the RD1750.1 similar to the Sundown SAZ-1500D?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us