Clarion VRX775VD Brake Bypass Switch?

Username: Mugenx

Post Number: 1
I have a Clarion VRX775VD and am wanting to somehow bypass the brake in order to view video from the dvd even when car is in motion. Currently I have a switch (3-Prong: Pwr, Load, Gnd) installed. But all I'm getting is "Audio Only" displayed even when vehicle is parked.

1) Should the switch be a 2-Prong instead of a 3-Prong?

2) Or should I use the Grass Green wire to the Parking Brake Cord (Negative side) and then connect a switch to that?

3) Or is there any other method that's better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Simona

Pueblo, CO USA

I heard an on/off toggle switch works from places like Autozone. I just bought one as well and am going to try a few different things. There is also someone on ebay that has a clarion pulse switch (CR1) that suggests it will work a lot easier than the other switches. If you get the screen to show and bypass the brake, let me know and I will do the same. I haven't recieved my yet. Not until Friday 7/13/07, so I will keep you posted.

Username: Adas191

why dont you just ground the pbrake wire

Username: Simona

CO USA

Post Number: 9
Upload

Username: Cowbizzoy

Post Number: 3
forget 3 prong, 2 will do. grass green parking brake wire to one terminal, then ground the other. (use a GOOD ground) Should be one under teh dash, like where the manufacturer grounded a buncha stuff.... Note: a 3 prong switch with only 2 wires connected to it.....pretty well is a 2 prong'er...

No just grounding the parking break will not work, you need a switch in there. If it says audio only, flick the switch - should be good to go. (I know this, because i have a 775VD and it works....driving, parked etc etc.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us