What amp to use?

Username: Jasonsue22

Post Number: 5
Any suggestions on what amp would be the best to power 2 12" CompVR kickers? Nothing more than 300$

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 333
What voice coils do you have on those subs? If they are Dual 2's, I have a BNIB Orion D2400 for sale $293 shipped w/ 2year warranty from Directed.
1200 @ 1 ohm(Which I would not suggest you run with those subs)
800 @ 2ohms (Would be perfect if you have 2 Dual 2's
425 @ 4 ohms
Comes with bass knob, decal, ESP and yada yada yada. Let me know, if your interested. Thanx.

Post Number: 6
I'm new to the Subwoofer world, but can you have 2 subs on a mono amp? (doesn't make sense to me)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1965
If there dual 2ohm the kicker ZX750.1 would be a good match.

Username: Tdn

Post Number: 4
I have the same question. What amp should I use to power 2 RE Audio SR series 10 in. subs. Price isn't an issue but I don't want to pay for more than I need.
www.reaudio.com

Post Number: 7
they are dual 2ohm. but can someone explain to me breifly if you can have 2 subs on a mono amp and how

Gold Member

Post Number: 1973
A amp doesn't read subs it read a ohm load so you can put as many as you want if the amp can power them. The kicker ZX750.1 will match up perfect on those CVRs because kicker underates there amps. If you get new kicker amp it will have a birthsheet and it will say how many watts. I hope this helps.

Jason
This is how you would wire your subs.

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=2&impedance_of_subs=2o hm_dvc&x=156&y=11

Gold Member

Post Number: 1974
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3684

Post Number: 8
thanks that clears a lot up, so with that amp about how many watts do you think each sub would be getting, ( but that looks like a real nice sub) thanks

Post Number: 9
thanks, i think i might get that amp, about how many watts do you think each sub will get from that?

Post Number: 10
sh!t sorry about the double post, i thought i canceled the 1st

Gold Member

Post Number: 1976
It depends on what the birthsheet says. I've seen some birthsheet say high 700 to 900+ watts. No matter what that amp will bang the sh!t out of those subs.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1337
"thanks, i think i might get that amp, about how many watts do you think each sub will get from that?"

around 400 each

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok, thanks! i think i'm gonna go with that amp... i hope i dont break my car

Username: Josh12

Post Number: 1
i just bought a new sony cdxgt610ui for my 86 monte carlo and now wanting to replace my factory 4x10 speakers with the infinity 693.7i in the back and in the front i want to replace it with infinity 32.7 (front is 3.5 in) and i dont know if wiring it with the cd player which is 4 ohm with the speakers which are 2 ohm would damage anything or if the amp would do anything which is a profile ap600 100 watts rms x 2 at 4 ohm, 150 watts rms x 2 at 2 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4721
the profile will work.

Username: Josh12

Post Number: 2
but will anything be damage being that there all different ohms

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4724
i assume those speakers are 4 ohm SVC, if they are, then wire two per channel in parallel. You will lose fading option

Bronze Member
Username: Bigharv

Post Number: 21
mono amp just means its a mono channel. One audio signal. You can plug 2 subs into a mono amp and they will play the exact same signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us