Set up suggestions camry 07

Username: Egm220

Post Number: 1
hi guys

opinions would be of great help to me. i plan to upgrade the audio system in my car. i dont want to replace the headunit. i already have a little idea of how my set up would be. im more into sq than spl. for starters, JL clean sweep, then morel dotech ovation in front, i would love to have the polk sr6500, but its kinda off my budget, as for the subs, i thought of getting the 10w1v2, but i might go for w6 or w3, maybe the 8w7, for rear speakers, morel 6x9, i still want passengers at the back to be able to listen to the system, and just one amp to power the front component and the sub, rear speakers would be powered by the clean sweep directly. as for the amp, im choosing between JL and infinity, forgot the model, but its still subject to change. i like my music a lot, but in the car audio department, im still kinda new to the details. help me with suggestions and feedback on my planned setup... thanks :-)

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1274
Why are you going all JL? They're others that cost less and perform the same or better. If you decided to go with JL, go with w6s and you'll need a separate sub amp for those - JL 1000/1. Your speaker selection looks good from what I hear, but I recommend running them all off an amp. By the time we're done recommending, most likely none of your stuff will be JL. What's the budget for the whole thing?

Post Number: 4
thanks Oleg

why JL... ive had JL subs before on my previous ride. i like how they perform. as for the JL amps, i read good reviews. what amp do u suggest for powering the front sets?

thanks again :-)

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1278
You can go with something like kicker zx850.4 or sx900.4. Shoot for the digital SX though, I've heard good reviews about it with powering components; it's also a digital amp. You're going to need an amp that does solid 150Wx4 RMS. If you can, just on this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Precision-Power-Class-Pro-Amp-PCX-4125-4channel_W0QQitemZ110 123185752QQihZ001QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lots of people say those are some of the best SQ amps. It's also more expensive.

But again, how's the budget for everything? How much are you spending for both sets of morels?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 645
John, what kind of budget do you have for components up front, rear co ax, sub and 2 amps? We can put you with high quality product without taing an arm and leg.

Kevin

Post Number: 5
i think oleg is right in saying that by the time i reviewed all of ur suggestions, i'd end up with nothing JL... except for the clean sweep :-)

thanks for the offer kevin. im from the philippines thou, i doubt ur from my area. but thanks anyway.

the installers first suggestion were these..
JL clean sweep is always part of the equation

first suggestion
1. infinity 7541 amps
2.kappa perfect 10"subs
3. kappa perfect 2 way components up front
4. infinity 6x9 coax at the rear

second suggestion
1. JL a4300 amps - which i think are underpowered
2. JL 10w1v2 - comments please
3. focal 165v2 components or morel dotech ovation for the front - i prefer morel, dont like metal tweeters.
4. focal or morel coax 6x9 at the back.

there. budget i suppose would be around 1500USD

thanks again :-)

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1292
Ok, take away from the budget...how much are you spending for both sets of morels?

Since you said you don't like hard dome tweeters, I'd stay away from focal because ppl are saying they're harsh.

1. def go with kicker sx900.4 or zx850.4 for the
morels
2. TC sounds TC-9. Heard very good things about
it
3. go with morel - from what i've heard, it's
good

4. sub amp? you'll need 1600W rms for those subs

zx850.4 is $300+shipping
2 TC-9s are $430+shipping
don't know how much morels are
for amp, Kevin, you do deals on sundown saz-1500?

That should come to about $1500, try to shop on ebay to save. I'm also not sure how much it is to ship to your country.

Post Number: 6
thanks oleg.

instead of the clean sweep, is the rf 360 any good?

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1313
Wouldn't be able to tell you about either of those, but they're both solid brands quality wise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us