Just ordered...

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 870
Just ordered almost $200 worth of wiring n stuff from knukonceptz.
1/0awg amp kit w/ fuse holder and 300A fuse
10ft 4awg wire (to run from dist block)
KONfused dist block (1/0awg in, 4awg out)
19.5ft krystal 2ch twisted RCA cable
19.5ft krystal 4ch twisted RCA cable

I'm so happy lol
About the big 3 upgrade...the left over power wire can be used for that?
Gonna go get it done by ppl at advancedcarcreations.com

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6114
How much are they charging you?
Wiring doesn't take a rocket scientist, quite easy. Just takes time and effort.
You can use the left over wires for big 3 upgrade. The tricky part will be the end connectors.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 876
I have no idea how much it is, Tuan couldn't give me a quote even though i explained exactly what i needed done - whatever.
Yes, wiring is easy and i know exactly where everything goes, but what i don't know how to do is take my car apart. I also don't really have tools.

On 2nd thought...there's a kid in my building that DOES know how to take the car apart, i'll ask him and maybe we can work together. I really doubt even together we'll be able to do the big 3 though.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6116
Big 3 is like any other wiring. The alternator to battery will however take a bit more effort cause it goes through hoses and engine parts.
What I didn't see on your list were the end connectors. Big 3 requires them, especially the alternator to battery. If you don't have them, you can buy the connectors. It might be easier for you if you purchases 12" - 24" of 2/0 gauge wire with the ends.
When someone doesn't give you a quote/price, it means they're either not sure how to do it, or will charge you $100/hr or more.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 883
I don't doubt their competence, I heard good things about that place. As for paying a lot, that may be the case.
Now, how about you baby me through this and give me the link with that wire that has those connectors? THX Isaac, you're the best!

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1146
After getting all this installed, I noticed the trebble's clearer...weird. Must have something to do with the RCAs.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 469
hmmm... or a properly powered amp..... or the rcas make sense. You did kinda alot of wiring upgrades

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1190
Actually the entire car got rewired right down to speaker wire, rcas, power, ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us