My newest project...please help

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder22

Post Number: 19
I have a nine.2x amp, two alpine type e's, and a pioneer deh-p8mp radio. i want to hook this stuff up in my room, but im not shure how to power everything. i dont want to use a car battery or a batt. charger. i want to make this setup a little classer than that. can someone help me out.

btw: i plan on hookin 4 speakers up to the pioneer radio too.
thanks, any help would be great

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1281
You need a sealed battery and a regulated DC power supply to do that.... it will cost a few hundred bucks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11792
yup
high current regulated power supply. I think I saw a nice one on eBay for $750

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6051
Let me ask you a question, why in the world would you want to do that? What's the purpose? Home audio can and will sound better than car audio.
If you really must, then you can get HAM radio power supplies. They're usually sell for $200 - $350 and range in power 20A - 75A.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
well to answer your question i am what you would call financialy challenged at this time. i want to put this system in my room untill i decide to spend the cash on a home audio system. but if its gona cost that much, forget it. i also thought it would be kinda cool. just to say i did it.
btw: i realize a home audio sys. would sound better. i wanted to avoid spendin tha $ right now.....if possible

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 406
well if it helps, i can buy that amp off ya and fun yuor home audio system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thanks for tha offer. but im actually going to hang on to this one. im putin it back in my honda. but if u do buy one, i warn u that the screw heads strip quite eaisly, so be carefull if u get one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us