Amp selection help needed for an ED SQ10.

Silver Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 113
$225 or so, can be used, 475x1 RMS @4ohms....not a drop more than that, footprint similar to the size of a 250/1..what do you recommend?

this is to power a 4 ohm ED SQ10. the jl is powering it right now but i'd like to send about 450 watts or so to it instead of the 250.

would it be best to change the sub to a 2ohm and find an amp that does 450x1 at 2 ohms? even if its best to change to 2 ohm....what amp would you guys recommend?

thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3592
how bout a ed nine.2? rated 400wrms @ 4ohm bridged, but that's at 12.5v. if anything like the nine.1 you'll probably see about 500wrms from it. not sure the size comparision between the 2 amps though. and if you call them you'll get it for $200 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 114
true true...i've been thinkin about it since it's kinda in my backyard lol...i mean half of the rest of my system is ED. i guess im really worried about SQ also. would there be a profound difference between the nine.2 and something like the quality of a us amp or zapco or ppi or somethin? i know ed is very good quality.....but its a small sub and its all that i can make good use out of for my car so i want to make sure its gettin the best and cleanest power possible...i was lookin at an RF 25 to life punch 75 but it looks like it does like 671 bridged...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1909
You won't notice a difference between the eD, us amps, zapco, or ppi in sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us