Fuzzy noise with amp turned on

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1800
When i turn on my Earthquake PHD5000D i get fuzzy noise out of my mids\highs. I can disconnect my rca's from the earthquake and the fuzz still continues keep in mind ALL of my speakers are ran off amps, the HU is only using preouts.
I have a JBL BP1200.1 on the right subwoofer output with y splitters, no problem when its turned on, only the Earthquake. How can i get rid of the noise? I tryed grounding the outside of the rca going to the kenwood pushing my mids\highs and it only got rid of the sound a tad bit but not completely....whats up with this? Is the earthquake amp putting nasty\distorted power back into my electrical system when its turned on? Im gunna go psycho over this noise... or sell the amp s and get new ones if i cant fix it. Would a power isolator fix this maybe? I have also tryed a ground loop isolater on my RCA's on the amp... didnt help much either... just made me turn the gain up more to still hear the stuff good... Is this because of the THD?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3719
might be a ground problem, i had something similar

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4682
have you tried to connect another amp? -- to make sure its not the amp and that it may be a grounding issue? -- its not because of THD, its a good solid amp and the only thing i could think of would be a wiring problem

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3725
bassman3 your back!

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4686
lol. yep i am :-) basketball is over, so now im gonna be coming back into the swing of car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1822
i highly doubt it as a ground problem, i use the same ground for all my amps (dist. block coming from rear batt.) and it is only with this amp it did this before as well. ONLY when this amp out of my 3 amps is on. I thought i ran wires to close to my power lines before i ran them on opposite sides and id didnt help. No caps or anything either. :-( i need to figure this out..

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3733
sell the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us