chraging?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 392
OK so I have some questions that I have been wondering and please dont just send me the link to wickedcases or bcae1, I have read them and didnt see what I was looking for.

What is the need for having separate batteries just for amps?

What determines the number of runs you have? And whats the need for numerous runs?

How would you go about hooking up other batteries?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 649
"What is the need for having separate batteries just for amps?"

Extra batteries provide more power for a longer period of time when you play your system with the engine off. The batteries supply power when the engine is off, the alternator supplies power when the engine is on.

"What determines the number of runs you have? And whats the need for numerous runs?"

You run extra wires when your amplifiers will draw more current than one wire can support. Look here for a chart of how much current can flow through different size wires:
http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

"How would you go about hooking up other batteries?"

You wire them in parallel, that is + to + and - to ground.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1708
I am getting a 300A Alt so 2 runs of 0\1gauge should be good enough at about 14ft. each, then into a dist. block back into 1 single 0gauge that is 3 ft long to the battery... that should be enough flow :-)

Runs = how many wires you have from the front to rear.. the question made it look like u were unsure what they were even talking about... but generally the further the length the thicker the wire you need, the shorter distance doesnt need to be so thick.. if your wire is to thin it will burn\melt or get hot...and mess with your amp in bad ways..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us