Silver Member
Username: Rtyauch301

Post Number: 131
is their a way for me to tell what size amp my alt can handle

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1196
rough approximations can be made, but unless it's obvious your alt will be to small, the only way to know for sure how well it will run is install everything and find out.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3608
how much are yuo running? and how big is your alt now?
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
im not running ne thing yet i need 1000 to 1200 rms i have a 105 amp alt right now i have 450 to spend all together on it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1028
Well just do the math and figure into the power consumption of all of your accessories such as headlights,heat,brake lights,signals...everything and then add the amperage draw of your alternator and you'll know how big of an alternator you need.If you do plan on upgrading look into Iraggi and Iceberg,they make solid alts.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4153
160-180A should be enough.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1031
"and then add the amperage draw of your alternator and you'll know how big of an alternator" I meant to say add teh amperage draw of your amplifier,sorry for any confusion lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
thanks that cleared things up a little now i got a friend who is upgrading his audio system as well as other things n he offered to sell me 4 batcap 800's for $200 should i get them or should i get a new alt

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 140
i got a custom 190 ampere alt. from excessive amperage and it completed my system. the only way to tell if you really need a bigger alt, is to hook ur system up like someone already said and see if anything happens out of the ordinary. if ur lights dim or somethin shuts off, u might need more electrical power...then look for an alt. i have a 1000rms system so 190 amp. is perfect for me

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 280
more bats will only stress ur alt more but u can sell me those batcaps :-) make sure u do the big 3 upgrade too and just because u have a ho alt dont mean that ur lights will stop dimming because most alts even ho alts and keep the voltage up when ur amp take that initial beat but it will catch itself pretty quick

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5954
BatCaps are not your solution. If you determine that you need more power, invest in an alternator not more batteries. If you study electronics, then you'll know why batteries are not the answer.
Think of this analogy, when there is high demand for electricity, what does your local power plants do? Add more batteries or larger generator? Think about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us