Help with matching sub and amp please

Bronze Member
Username: Kholla

Post Number: 14
Hey guys, I think I want to purchase this Kenwood amp: 2006 KENWOOD KAC-9102D 1700W MONO
I am searching for a sub and I heard Kicker was a great brand. I saw this kicker: KICKER SOLOBARIC S12L7 L7 12".
The kenwood is 1700watt/ 850 rms @ 2-ohm, while the Kicker sub is 1500watt/ 750 rms. Is this a good match? Also, the Kicker has a 88.84 db while the kenwood has 93db, and I heard that I should try to match these numbers as closely as possible. Will this work? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4152
Kris, what's your budget and we will tell you a better system. I wouldn't buy kenwood, they have problems with their power supply. Kicker subs aren't bad when you're tight, but maybe we can tell you something with more SQ for the price.

About the Dbs you said, it doesn't matter.. that's efficiency (i think).

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 274
If you are on a budget go with Hifonics or something else besides Kenwood. Just like Clarion, Kenwood has ruined their reputatuion in the car audio world by consistently bringing out GARBAGE!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 311
^^^^ Juliob hit the nail on the head

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
As for my budget, I guess Ill like to spend no more than $300-$350. Im not trying to shake the car next to mines or anything, but Ill like for them to hear it....if that makes any sense. I had a no name 1000W 12" on a 600watt Jensen amp (old) and I liked it. Wasnt too loud, but when I went into the gas station people stared. That no name sub blew, and now Im looking for something real nice. I have a '95 Mercedes C280 if that means anything. Also, the one person whose advice Ive been listening to swears up and down Kicker is the best brand!

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 276
$300-350 is your total budget on an amp and sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
....well that was off the prices I saw on ebay. The msrp price of the amps I wanted were around $300, and the subs $150...through ebay I saw them for nearly half the price, so thats how I came up with the $300 budget. If the budget wont work, can you tell me what brands are good for amps and which are good for subs. Ive been looking at a Kicker ZX750.1 amp, and a kicker
SOLOBARIC S12L7..what do yall think??

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 137
i have an l7 and so does my buddy. they bump real nice. like everyone says, its mostly an spl sub so if you dont want to shake the car next, keep looking

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I looked around for subs with "sound quality" and they seem too expensive. Can anyone tell me what they think about this set up:

Amp-Rockford Fosgate Punch P6001bd
325 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

Sub- 12" Rockford Fosgate P312D4
power range: 100-500 watts RMS (250 watts per coil)
peak power handling: 1,000 watts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Is MB Quart a good brand for subs? I came across this: http://www.cardomain.com/item/MBQDHG304D

will that work good with the kicker zx750.1 amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us