Other Forums a little slow so...

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 797
I have a CAP and before like 2-3 weeks ago the lights wouldnt dim and stuff.. so now im just wondernig how do i recharge it.. do i just let it run on low volume and let the cap store up energy or what?? I dont want to try the restitor method because i had sparks flyting last time.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 798
Running T3002 at 2ohms = 800RMS to a CVX in a CIvic 04. GOt a 1 Farad Rocksford Cap.

Thought id throw you the specs.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1956
Once its charged, its charged. It will always be storing energy when its not discharging. So yes, lower volume will allow it to recover. It will probly take .0000054 seconds or so, so be paitiant.

Ok You installed a cap cause your lights were dimming? Once the cap was installed and charged and with "sparks flyting" your dimming worries cleared up? Then what happened 2-3 weeks ago? Lights started dimming again? If thats the case check your Alternator and battery. They may be going for a long vacation.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 352
LL ^"Be patient"

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3173
dude i told a long time ago not to buy a cap!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 302
Caps are useless, the only fix for a weak charging system is an HO alternator.

Read this page:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5936
Caps can be useful if used as designed.
To charge a cap properly, use any 12v light bulb. Connect it in series to the battery. When it's fully charged, the light will go out. Now if you connect it to the power, there will be no sparks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us