Autotek Amps

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 338
Need to get 2 new amps (currently running 2 Audiobahn digital series...happy with the sound but the fans make too much noise during cold weather).

Was looking at getting a Kicker SX900.2 & SX400.2

Now looking at getting a Autotek MM1000.1D & MM125.2

The Autotek's are cheaper, appear to have pretty good build quality & would allow me to keep my current wiring setup (saving me more money & time).

This is for a daily driver (140 miles per day) and I'm only looking for good quality without breaking the bank (not looking for total SQ as I have a custom exhaust, etc. on a Silverado and it can be quit loud even with sound deadening all over).

I'm running CDT CL-62's up from and a pair of 10" Diamonds in the rear (and a Pioneer Premier P680-MP HU...not that that should matter).

Can anyone with any experience on the Autotek's give me some feedback on them please.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4000
autotek used to be an awesome brand, but now they're just one step above hifonics. They're still decent, but kicker amps are better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
I can get the 2 Autotek amps I mentioned for about $400+shipping...and the 2 Kicker amps for about $550=shipping (then the cost & time of running new power wire)...is it worth the extra $$ for my purpose?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4006
well... that's up to you. The difference is just quality, but output will be the same, the X factor is durability.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
Thanks juliob....the Audiobahn digitals I have are still going strong after 3+ years...so maybe the autoteks will be just as durable without the annoying fan noise.

The SX Kickers make it a lot easier to adjust the gains, right? That could be a big plus if they do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4007
kicker amps will have more functions, i think those models are one of the bests along with the sx1250.1 (polo knows about kicker). But yeah, try autotek if you want, and post a review when you get them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
I'm assuming they're better than Audiobahn's digital series...do they do their rated power (unlike the hifonics line beneath them?)

What about diamond's line of amps...I really like their subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 4036
diamond audio amps are very good. I think autotek products reach their rated power, that's why they're a lil better than hifonics.

diamond audio is better than autotek for sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
Good deal....been looking at Audison....now if I could just afford some of those!

Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 3
mean machine amps used to be the sh!t

Gold Member

Post Number: 4047
now they're just decent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
I think after all my research I've settled on

Crossfire VR100D & Crossfire VR602...can't really find a bad word about those and the price is where I need it to be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4051
nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
I'm hoping so....will be a little too much power but better than not enough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts