Setup help regarding two 10" Alpine type R sub's

Username: Alaphamale

Post Number: 1
As you can probably guess from the title, I need some help regarding what amp(s) would be best to use.
Im looking to get two 10" Alpine type R sub's, (im sure that anyone worth getting advice from will already know their spec)
Ideally I would like to get two Amp's but I am unsure what one's would be best to get, so this is where I need some suggestion's.
The sub's will not be boxed, as I am having a custom boot install, there will be one in each top corner of the boot behind the seat's, facing down and inward's (that's the best way I can think to describe it) with either one amp in the middle or two under each sub.
What would be the best amp(s) to run this setup? and is it worth getting any power capacitor's (if so, what power rating and make)

Thank's in advance for any help,

Alphamale

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2667
depends on what the voice coil impeadance is. look into getting the alpine mrd-1000 or whatever it is its a decent amp

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2039
hold on, so the sub wont be in a box? free air?

and no cap, not needed:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

and we need the voice coil impedence like dope said. cant give you a correct amp without knowing that.

Post Number: 2
Yes there won't be a box as such, they will be in a custom surround however. Even though it will be a tight custom fit, it's probably best to describe them as being in 'free air'
Well at least I know a capacitor is not needed, Just left with the decision on the amp(s) I may yet be purchasing two Alpine type X instead, if I can find a good enough deal. However for the time bing I will stick to the original idea of two type R's.
Any more help regarding the Amp would be appreciated.

Thank's in advance,

Alphamale

Username: Smittty

Silvis

Post Number: 1
just get 1 600watt+ amp because type r speakers are only 300 watts rms i would wire them together in a 4 ohm parallel series then you will be fine

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4284
type Rs are 500 watts??

Post Number: 3
Are you sure about that, as I understood it type R's were 500W RMS with a peak of 1500W

Gold Member

Post Number: 4300
Yea they are, i think he ws talking about the older tyre r's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8657
I wouldnt give them 500 watts free air!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2678
i woulndt run them free air or IB at all. a box will give you the best sound

Post Number: 4
I don't have the option of boxing them, I know they would sound better but the type of install and the boot space will not allow for it.

Alphamale

Gold Member

Post Number: 4309
What kind of car do you have? When you have subs free air its like not even having a sub. You can barly hear any bass.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us