Car amp to home stereo

Username: Bkrboy9927

Post Number: 1
i have a 1200 watt sony xplod 2 channel car amp and i was wondering if there was any way to hook it up to my home stereo without blowing it.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 557
Yes there is. You have to get a power supply converter though to convert to the correct voltage. It also has to be rated to handle the amps your car amp will pull.

Why are you hooking it up to your stereo? Do you want louder sound or something?

Username: Bkrboy9927

Post Number: 2
ok..ya i just got a whole system and i dont have a car just yet and i want to hear how good they sound..could i use a power supply from a computer?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2625
no really its not worth the trouble power supplys are expensive. and a PC one will probly not have enough amps

Username: Cookies2

Temple, TX United States

Post Number: 1
where could i get a power supply converter for my car amp and how much would it cost. its a 300 WATT Visonik amp

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12293
Don't do it. It is not worth the money and trouble. Sell the amp and get yourself a receiver for home audio.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8900
^^^^i like that idea.

i have a 8 ohm sub i got from james longo for christmas and i was thinking of building a little box to be hooked up to the home audio setup.

Silver Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 119
yah no bueno to try they are really expensive to get a converter...i went looking just to be able to power up amps to try and work on them... the cheapest is like 200 to have enought amps to keep the amplifier alive. other wise u will blow the fuses on the converter...

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1119
There's a 30A (32A surge) 13.8v power supply on ebay for less than $100. That would power the 300w amp - probably 400 or 500 if you don't blast it or try to play tones.

Any bigger than that and you're better off just getting a home audio amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us