Older Crossfire amp question..

Username: Bjamz

Post Number: 2
I am redoing my audio system.

I need to know if a Crossfire CFA 404S Mosfet 100W X 4 amp could be bridged to power 2 JL Audio 12" Subwoofers. The guy I asked at the audio shop said he didn't know and that it could fry the speakers and/or the amp...I need to find out before I make any moves. I want to make use of this amp if I can.

I also have 2 6X9 speakers that would be nice to have powered by an amp. Is it possible/worth it to use 2 channels for the subs and 2 for the speakers?

If all else fails the guy is recommending (or trying to get me to buy more) to get a $300 amp for the subs and use the Crossfire to power the speakers, but this will be a lot more money.

What do you think my best option is?

I am getting the Audio Shop to install it and redo all the wiring, also new reciever unit.

Thanks for any help you can give. I don't know where else to find answers and you guys seem to do a great job. Thank you!

Ben

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3597
which JL subs? voice coil config??

Username: Bjamz

Post Number: 3
Yes, they compare to the voice coil woofers on JL Audio's website. I don't know for sure because I bought them from a friend. I may be able to find out if I look inside the enclosure on the back of the speaker..? I think they are voice coil though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us