AMP HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Romesnow101

Post Number: 43
Ok I wanted to get the JBL GTO1201.1 amp to power my 2 12" cerwin vega vmax subs but instead I decided on the JBL BP1200.1 amp but then i was talking to people and since i have a small nissan altima with a small alternator they say i would have to upgrade to an HO alt. which i dont want to do......sooooo i was thinking, both of my subs are dual voice coil 2ohms and are rated at 600rms a peice, couldnt i just go with the JBL BP600.1 amp, its cheaper and it only puts out 600 rms at 1 and 2ohms which would be fine for my subs, right? also i thought it wouldnt kill my alternator and i wouldnt have to upgrade, PLEASE HELP!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2176
you can do that if you want to underpower each sub by 50% of their rated rms. i wouldn't do it. why not just upgrade the charging system now, or get get a smaller system.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 487
Save money and buy an alt and either of the 1200s, do it right the first time or you will regret it and end up spending more money later.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
y would it be underrate by half? would it split the 600rms 300 to each?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
if i got the Bp1200.1 could i just not upgrade the alt. would it f*ck everything up or is it not THAT BIG of a deal?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 488
It is a very big deal as small as your stock alt is. It would result in big problems. Just do the upgrades now and it will save you time and money in the long run. If you dont want to upgrade or dont have the money for it then just run one sub with a 600.1. One sub with correct power will sound better than two with half their rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
how much are the HO alts and where would i get one for my car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
how many amps do i wana get it too?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2177
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

just a couple places you can check out for a ho alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
how many amps do i need? 200? more?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3177
you can get the BP or the GTO, just don't bump it at high volumes... just for daily driving until you get a HO alt

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2179
i'd go 180a or higher.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
even if i wanted to end up amping my speakers too? still got with 180a or more like 200? Juliob if you know anything about alts please comment too because u have been a big help threw all of this.....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1568
iv got a bp1200.1 plus another 250rms and its killed my stock 80a alt. so iv talked with a bunch of people who know whats up and they siad i should be ok with a 150 which is the biggest i can get.

try 4alterstart.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
thanks alot I appreciate it much, by the way what kind of car do u have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us