SOMEONE HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!

Username: Alwayzshining

Post Number: 2
Hey guys i just need some advice i bought 2 audiobahns with a combined wattage of 1600. How many watts amplifier should i use for it and should i put a 1 farad capacitor and another battery or will my stock battery be able to handle the system?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1985
can you return them?

but what are the vc on those? and your budget? and you really don't need a capacitor, but depending on your stock alt. you might need to upgrade that.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 419
i think a upgraded alt is defintly in order or u will clip the hell out of your subs. dont need a new battery.. no use for it. prolly some 0/1 gauge wire also. u might need a 1 F cap if/when u decide to upgrade your alt. i would put on on mine

Bronze Member
Username: Motomaze

Ont Canada

Post Number: 49
so your lookin @1600rms right? i would up grade to new alt and add another battery. 1 farad cap is = to
500rms so u need at least 5 farad cap or more

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1987
actually it's 1000wrms=1 farad:-)

Username: Alwayzshining

Post Number: 3
OH i see so what is the best place and the best alternator i could get under my circumstances. My budget is kind of tight so i would not be looking to spend that much.

And by the way here are the specs for my amps:
45 oz. Strontium Magnet

Power Handling EACH Sub: 400 watts R.M.S./ 800 Watt Peak ! !

Frequency Response: 24Hz - 1kHz

Efficiency: 92.1 dB

EPDM Rubber Surround

Molded, Texture Injected Poly Cone

2 Inch 4-Layer ASV Voice Coils

Dual 4 Ohm Coils

2 Ohm or 8 Ohm Operation

Mounting Dimensions: Depth; 5 1/4 Inch Hole; 10 7/8 Inch Diameter; 12 1/2"

Lug Lock Terminals

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 66
ctmike where are you getting your info from ???
please tell me b/c either ive been tought wrong or your info is wrong

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1993
from cardomain (in rms):
Installation Tip: As a general rule of thumb, use 1 farad of capacitor storage for every 1000 watts of power. For example, if you have 500 watts of total power, then a 0.5 farad stiffening capacitor will suffice. But if you're bumpin' 750 watts of power, then go for a 1 farad cap. The more capacitor storage, the better. Remember to mount your capacitor as close as possible to the amplifiers for best results, and always follow the manufacturer's directions for charging and discharging the cap.

www.a1bigaudio.com:
What size capacitor do I need?
As a general rule we recommend 100,000 Microfarad (.1 Farad) per 100 watts of amplifier power, or 1 Farad per 1000 Watts. Use the simple chart below to determine what size capacitor you need.

Total Amplifier Power: Capacitor needed:
Up To 500 Watts .50 Farad
500-1000 Watts 1.0 Farad
1000-1500 Watts 1.5 Farad
2000 Watts 2 Farad

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/car-audio/part1/:
A commonly-used estimate for determining the appropriate size capacitor
is 1F/kW (one farad per kilowatt). For example, a system running at
300W would need a 0.3F (or 300,000uF) capacitor.

also read that it's 1000wrms for 1 farad from several people here when i first joined, and also been told that by several installers near me. but it's also one of those things that if you ge

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 73
1000watts is usually half which in turn would be 500
rms (it also depends on the amp we are talking about to)in this discussion in which he needed a cap that would be good enough for 800rms which would be 1.5 farad

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 74
in the first paragraph it says the more capacitor storage the better am i right or wrong?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1995
the more would be better, just like a ho alt., it never hurts except for on the wallet. but unlike a ho alt. there's no real need to buy a much larger cap as in the 5 farad cap. (which would be sufficient for 5000wrms) you suggested. so going off .1 farad for every 100wrms he would actually need a .8, which i've never seen, so a 1 farad would be best:-)

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 386
Neither a cap or battery will help you. In fact, they will do more harm than good. If you have voltage issues, you need an alterator. When you get that alt, and you need storage, you should get another battery. You need a cap, like you need a hole in the head.....well maybe less.

Thanks for the lesson in misinformation dilrods.

/thread before someone actually believes this bullsh!t and buys one.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1997
who suggested buying a cap.?

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 78
okay up there i over estimated im cool with that
he doesnt need 5 farad. great now peak power is different then rms power

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 79
lol ok so i did not read this page before i posted any of these messages http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 312
Forget about caps.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9401
unless ur car came with a really small stock alt it should be able 2 power 800wrms fine

4get about the cap/extra batt 4 now & hook ur sytem up - if u notice blinking lights in ur car or voltage drop then go 4 the HO alt asap (& extra batt if u like playing loud 4 extended periods) ....

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 86
thanks roven
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us