Setup Suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 344
Right now I have 1 15" DD 9515 (dual 1.5ohm) in a 3.5ft^3 box tuned to 40hz. Im powering it with a Directed 2400D. I have it wired at 3ohms. If I would want to compete what would be the best thing to do in order to get more out of the system? I have a regular battery (750CCA) and a 105 amp alternator.

Silver Member

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 345
Also 4 awg wireing. I was thinking about replacing it with 1/0 awg. Good choice?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3580
put it in a bigger box... and give it more power, i think that directed does 1200 @ 1, and 2400 max..

bigger alternator, at least 225a

and yes, 1/0 awg wiring

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3582
you can give that sub 3k + daily

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 299
also add a extra battery in the trunk. I would either go with two yellow tops or one odyssey 1700MJT or the 2150S.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3043
well, to compete, in SPL i assume, an alternator wouldn't be needed but would be nice for the daily driving.

you need to figure out what form and class you will want to compete in first and read the rules. DB drag, MECA, ISACA...the number of woofers, power, batteries...ect...all affect what class you fall into and what you will be competing against.

i'd figure that out first, then look into what upgraded you can do.

Silver Member

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 348
The Directed 2400D is 2400 watts at 2ohms. Could I wire it in paralell for a .75ohm load and get alot more power (just for competition)?

Silver Member

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 350
Heres a link to the amp http://www.drdetailshop.com/d2400d.htm

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3050
as long as it doesn't imediatly kick into protection, you could burp at .75 and prob be ok. theres no guarantees though...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1272
its only stable at 2 ohms so watch it

Silver Member

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 352
Aright I have actually wired it at .75ohms before and it played fine until it blew my 80 amp in-line fuse. I just wanted some oppinions beacasue I obviously dont want to fry my amp. Any suggestions for an in-line fuse for the amp if I were to get 0awg wire and possibly plan on burping it at .75ohms?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3632
you will stil want an alternator even when competing because im assuming you want the most out of ur amp, which most amp are rated @ 14.4v, so if you wanted the full power and wanted ur car to run well you will need a new alternator. every little bit of power is great, and getting a big alt, + some batts will help you get the most

Silver Member

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 353
I've always heard that if you just add another battery its not good for the alternator. Is that true? Why is that, and would it be a good idea at all to just add another battery and then later get a new alternator?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us