PHAT 1.75" EPDM Rubber Surround
Spun Aluminum 1-Piece Cone
3" 4-Layer Edge Wound Voice Coil
Dual 6 Ohm
3 Ohm or 12 Ohm Operation
Mounting Depth: 5-5/8"
Cutout Diameter: 11-3/8"
Multi-connect Lug Lock Terminals

i want to make sure i get all 3000 rms, plus they are 6ohms so i need to be carefull about which amp i get

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2372
get a soundstream pca 3500d or just a 3000w rms amp at 1 ohm

Why audiobum? lol!

Username: Mikewalker1

Post Number: 2
audiobahns no good?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 936
Power bass XA3000D
MMATS D3000.1
JBLA3000GTI

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 961
lol, no...they just sound like sh!t, do you have the proper charging system for 3000watts?

Username: Mikewalker1

Post Number: 3
no, what kind of capacitor should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 199
Well a high output alternator is probably a good route to go, I would also add a battery or two.

Silver Member

Post Number: 962
no no no, a capacitor is worthless, if you do not have a high output alt, you need a high output alernator if you even want to think about running that much power...

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 201
That's not exactly true logan...a HO alt is only really needed when your reserves run out(Being your batteries).You can run 3000 watts off of a stock alt ,I've done it...but I wouldn't really reccomend it, honestly but if you do chose to do so, watch your voltmeter very carefully because if your voltage drops too low that's when you're about to blow your stock alternator because the load is being drawn from that source.Correct me if I'm wrong :-) I think that's accurate.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 204
Also...a capacitor is far from worthless but I don't run one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 963
but when the engine is running, you get the power from the alt, if the alt cannot produce enough power for the amps, it will send a clipped signal, and kill the subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 964
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 647
i think your wrong about running 3000 watts off a stock alt...if your not wrong please tell me the car and ill recommend everyone to buy it so they do not have to upgrade their alts and batts, i think the amp u were running claimed it was pushign 3000 watts, but with a stock alt theres no way it was pushing 3000rms, and caps are useless unless u have a HO ALT, then they will help ur system out when the alt falls behind a lil, but in stock electrical systems they jsut mask the problem...by the way what amp(s) were u running off a stock alt @ 3000watts (also what vehicle was this) jsut curious...

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 207
Hmmm..I'm extremely confused now...From what you guys are telling me...I can't get that power from a battery eh? Explain how I saw a POWER WHEELS hit 161 with a 15 inch sub installed in it?Sure it was pretty much an enclosure with a sub in it and a sensor but it had no ALTERNATOR?How is this possible? It was also funny too because as all of his RESERVES(Batteries) ran out you could hear the sub quieting(Decreasing in DB during it's burp).But I guess I'm wrong I'll have to look into it more I always thought my amp pulled it's load from my battery?But from what I'm reading I should just hook my amp to my alternator right?Lol.<<Sarcasm.By the way killer get yourself a GMC Safari Van (93) and be amazed.I of course have a reserve battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 965
lol, when the vehicle is off you get the power from the battey, but when it is running you get it from the alt.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 208
Ohh alright then...go ahead and hook your amp to your HO alt.Should work out great :-)I also see you don't live too far from Chicago,come down here and I'll show you that I can run that power from a stock charging system :-)

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 648
well i didnt see u tellin me what this/these 3000 watt amp(s) were....like as in brand....?

Silver Member

Post Number: 966
lol its prolly a legacy

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2522
hey guys if u didnt know robert has a solox and would wipe the floor with you guys lol if i am correct he was hitting in the 50's somewhere zac davis helped him set it up but i still say a ho alt is the way to go and besides 1 ho alt costs about the same as a new battery so i see it as worth it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
but what kind of amp is it, there is no way that he can run 3k rms with a stock alt

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 210
Lol a legacy!I wish.I would save so much money running legacy amps lol.Well you guys have your view and I have mine but if there is no way I'm running 3k RMS with a stock alt how many watts do you think I'm running?So you're telling me I hit 150 on a TL with less than 3k?Sweet!I wonder how many watts I was pushing when I hit those numbers ...any idea's Logan and killer?I also agree with you charlie I'm getting a HO alt and the big 3 this coming weekend.Then I should get 3k watts right?Wow...I'm really excited what numbers I'll hit when I run that kind of power,I can't even begin to imagine :-) I love sarcasm and rhetorical questions if you haven't noticed.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 211
I know it's not a Legacy but.. it's a MMATS amp :-( By the way killer and Logan what are you guys hitting?I'm not trying to be an azzhole just wondering :-) I'm hoping to hit 160's by the end of this year/start of the new year but I have work to do before I get there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 968
so your telling me that i can run at least 2kwrms with my stock 55a alt without hurting anything?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2525
hey robert what kind of car u gonna be running that in since u wrecked the van i hope to be putting up around the mid 40's with my dd when i get it up and running waiting on building a box and my ho alt this week hopefully im gonna be ordering the alt not sure bout the box i have it in a box but i need a smaller one cause the one i hve it in is way to big for my eclipse i think it a 3.5 cuft box and its a slot port im going 3 cuft aero port box around 2.5 after displacement

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 215
I'm gonna be running a small car hopefully :-) I'm thinking of a civic hatch or a CRX.Whatever I get I'm gonna make 2 18'' solo X's fit in there.Logan,you can run 2krms until your reserves run out then you are gonna draw from your alt.That's when the problems start.Just watch your voltmeter and you should be alright.I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten out of control lol.Nice debate.I'm by far no know it all so help me out when I'm wrong :-)We all have something to learn from one another.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2374
you need a HO alt.. maybe 2... 3 yellow tops... big 3... and Man sell those subs... about the guy hitting 161 with one 15 without electrical upgrades= Liar.... that's tooo hard to do man...

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 216
Liar lol? I witnessed it first hand.He had NO ALTERNATOR period.It was in a POWER WHEELS lol.Now I don't know about you Juliob but I've never seen a power wheels with an alternator.You've prolly never seen a power wheels with a sub in it either lol.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 217
http://www.jenscom.com/usaci/thwf013.JPG Do you think there's an alternator on that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 969
no

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2535
robert that runs off of battery though so thats like running a car when it is off

Gold Member

Post Number: 2382
i thought you said a car hitting 161Dbs without HO alt...

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 830
dude robert regardless, you cant run a constant 3000RMS off of a stock alt. for any extened period of time. you a right in the amp pulls its power from the battery but dude how the F**k do you think the battery gets charged. if the amp is pulling more current from the bat. then the alt. can give it what happens. the battery voltage goes down and the cells are being damaged not to mention your alt. is struggling to keep up so it will fail in a matter of time plus your running a clipped signal to your subs when your amp isnt getting enough power.

adding another battery with your stock alt wont help. you need to get HO 300a trust me it will make a difference.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 223
Of course adding a battery helps...it increases your reserve capacity.It allows for a longer burp or am I wrong?Like I said watch your voltmeter and you'll be alright.I've known quite a few people that have toasted their HO alt's too,so don't think just because you have a HO alt that you can burp your subs for a long time.You can clip with any alt but I do agree a HO alt is very helpful.My point in showing the power wheels was just to show that you can pull a load from a battery until the battery it is out of juice(Wish I had video).I also don't know many people that run 3KRMS for an extended period of time either lol,if I did that I would be puking from my stomache turning so much,not to mention the severe hearing damage.Hey Mat, I charge my 2nd battery when It gets low by shutting off my amp with the switch that I installed on the remote line near my head unit :-)

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 224
BUMP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us