2 in line fuses?! help!!

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 451
I have the xtant 202m, and getting the 1001x.. as most of you know. They don't have onboard fuses and I just ordered a fuse holder for under the hood and a 150amp ANL fuse. Should i get a fuse for next to each amp as well? I'd hate to buy another 20 dollar 1/0awg fuse block if I don't have to but do I run a risk if I don't???

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 452
I was going to run 1/0awg from the batt. to the capacitor in the trunk, one set of 1/0awg to the 1001x and a set of 4awg to the 202m. I was going to stick a 150ANL fuse holder with fuse inline by the battery. Would it be wise to stick a fuse inline between the cap and each amp in case of a power surge?

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 453
oh and the sets of wires to each amp would come from the cap, lol I should have said that! my bad...

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 250
I run 2 00 gauge from the battery directly to the amps and i only use an inline fuse holder close to the battery (one per wire)....dont have any close to the amps and the amps dont have internal fuses either. never had problems with that.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 456
I have a cap, though. Can't the cap do the same thing as the alt. and shoot a jolt of power too large for the amp to handle and blow it?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4789

quote:

Can't the cap do the same thing as the alt. and shoot a jolt of power too large for the amp to handle and blow it?

That's unlikely.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 464
Unlikely, yes.. but possible?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us