Smoke! not good

Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 7
i took my cd player out of my old car and put it in my new one. same exact wire harness, just unplugged it and plugged it back in. it worked good for about two-three weeks then it wouldnt turn on. i took it out and it had blown the fuse in the back of the cd player. i changed the fuse with one of the exact same amp rating. when i plugged the harness back in it started smoking like a ba$tard. i unplugged it and plugged it back in just to make sure taht it would still turn on and it did so i unplugged it again. does this mean that my cd is going to die. or is it a problem in the vehicle. i was thinking aobut putting it back in my old car and see what happens. not sure, any advice would be awesome. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4123
Smoke is not a good sign. You can try plugging it back in, not harm really. Chances are you burned a capacitor though. You could possible take it apart and find the piece that's blown. You'd need a multi meter, and a lot of patience, but I've done it before and it's definitely better than buying a new HU.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4763

quote:

You can try plugging it back in, not harm really

That might cause further damage.

When smoke comes out, it's not going to work properly again. No questions asked.

Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 8
i'll see what happens just kinda sucks cuz that was a nice head unit but $hit happens, i guess. thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us