JBL BPX2200.1 weird amp?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 345
OK i always thought if the amp can handle a lower load it will put out more power at the lower ohm load then at the higher load with the exception of the ones like JL1000.1 amp that is 1000 at 1.5-4ohm but anyways this amp has a rms of 2450 @ 4ohms and a RMS of 1810 @ 1ohm did jbl just make a typo or is this possible, or maybe just built like that so the 1ohm dosnt get it to hot? This amp confused me lol

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=BPX2200.1&cat=AMP&ser=P OS&language=ENG&country=US&region=USA

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1294
not a type thats just the way its built

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 346
wierdest amp ive seen yet, is it a good amp, like tru power ratings? im happy with my JBL BP1200.1 i think its underrated... but never tested it

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2157
it is underrated

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 750
the 1200.1 does like 1300

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 352
the bp1200.1 amp hits my audioburn so hard when i hook up only 1 of them at either 8 or 2 ohms, bottoms out the sub on the magnet, u hear it just hitting it, and the sub still wont blow.... from waht i hear they blow easy.. i havnt blown them yet, they just dont have no good SQ really.. the sub is supposed to handle 2000rms tho...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2814
thats just a company that tells you what your gonna lose in effiency by going lower where others don't.

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 371
i guess

Bronze Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 20
No typo JBL knows there s--t all of there amps are good. But the BPX series are hands down one of the best amps out there.

BPX2200.1 and BPX1100.1
2 channels can be bridged to deliver double the VOLTAGE of a single channel into impedances between 2 and 4 ohms. The two channel can also be connected in parallel to provide double the current of single channel into impedances below 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1249
It's CEA rated. It can't be a lie. Spendy little thing too...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us