American pro??

Bronze Member
Username: Kbugg0041891

Post Number: 56
are american pro amps ne good??? thers i guy that is selling his for 150 its a 1600 watt amp idk the exact model.......i have 2 kicker comp vr 12" they are 400 watt rms a peice

Bronze Member
Username: Kbugg0041891

Post Number: 57
i think its the vs1409

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 11
i knew someone who had one and it fried. i think he had it hooked up right, i think it just overheated.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 972
well - I hate to say it, but American Pro is among the bottom feeders of car audio. HOWEVER - I happen to have used an amp from that series a few years back, and I was actually fairly surprised at how good of a job it did for the price. Also, I recently purchased a small 4 channel amp from an American Pro sister company (DHD) and it has been surprising as well.

So, against most people's opinion I'm sure, I would consider them an ok option if you're on a budget and know what you're getting.

That being said - I couldn't find the specs on that particular model, but that amp is nowhere NEAR 1600w, not even close.

For comparison, the largest 2 ch American Pro I CAN find RMS specs for is the vs1405 (coincidentally, the model I owned). It's max power advertisement is 600w, and it's rated rms power is 260w bridged at 4 ohms, 80x2 at 4 ohms stereo.
Logically - the vs1409 is probably something around 700w rms bridged, and maybe 210 x 2 at 4 ohms stereo.

And FWIW - as a bargaining tool -- you can buy it new for less than $150 shipped from here http://www.mycarjams.com/car_audio/hazel/brand/AMERICANPRO

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2079
Bro if you're that bad better look power acoustik a1000db or audiobahn a8002T or a8000V

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 974
<p><b><i>"if you're that bad better look power acoustik a1000db or audiobahn a8002T or a8000V"</p>

For the money/power, yeah, that's probably a good suggestion. However, if you could pick that 1409 up for more like $100, it would be a decent buy IMO.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 975
uhh, oops
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us