What amp for Goliath Sub

Username: Bigbobbyhoward

Post Number: 2
I'm going to get a Hifonics Goliath 15" subwoofer. I just want to know what amp would be best to push this. Here are the specs for the sub. I would need a capacitor too wouldn't I?

15" Goliath series subwoofer
6,400 watts peak output
3,200 watts RMS output
Integrated One-Piece Spider- Tinsel Lead Design
Chrome Cast-Aluminum Speaker Frame
1.4" Extra-Wide Polyester Surround
360y Vented Voice-Coil Assembly
Back-Plate Bumped for Long Excursions
Nickel Plated Push & Insert Terminals
Metal Dust Caps Prevent Hi-SPL Cave-In
Dual-Layer Conex Spider- Assembly
Fs = 39.63Hz
Qts = 0.37
Vas = 17 Liters
Xmax = 25mm
SPL = 98.29 dB @ 2.83v
Quad 2-Ohm Voice-Coils
Can be run @ 1/2-Ohm, 1-Ohm, 2-Ohm, 4-Ohm, or 8-Ohm
18-3/4lb./300oz. Triple-Stack Magnet Assembly
4-inch Bi-Flair Black Aluminum Voice-Coils
High-Strength Composite Silver & Fiber Glass Cone

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8431
b4 u pick a sub there are a whole lot of factors u need to consider...No offense but from the way u are leaning u are a noob..and thats ok...just stick around the site and learn a few more things..

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html
http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html
http://www.bcae1.com/

few others...but im at work and dont have any bookmarked..

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 41
Well if your going by Hifonics standards...the XX Colossus would be a perfect match for that sub.But that's by hifonics standards.

Post Number: 3
I don't need a matching amp - Brand wise. I just want to know what would go best with that particular sub. And somebody told me that I would need to get a 10" or a 12" because a 15" only catches the low basses.

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 52
Well the reason I said that amp would be perfect is due to the ratings...every company rates their power ratings differently.Many people say Hifonics are over-rated.So the safe thing would be to match one of their products with another product that they claim has the same power output.It wasn't about the brand matching.It was about giving the sub the power it claims it can handle and that the amp supposedly puts out, power that the Goliath can supposedly handle.

Post Number: 4
Oh ok, thanks. I'm relatively new to the car audio thing, so that's why I misunderstood. What do you believe is the best all around sub out? Loudest, quality, everything.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1283
only you can decide the best sub for yourself. what are you going for sq, sql, spl? and what you willing to spend?

Post Number: 5
I dunno what sq, sql, and spl stand for. But I just want something that's gonna beat the block down. I love bass. I heard the Goliath was the one to get, I just want to make sure. The Goliath will cost about $450-$500...so a lil' more or a lil' less of that is my range.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1285
q is sound quality, spl is sound pressure level (just loud with little or no sq), and sql is a good mix of both. just a few within your range, there's plenty more though. what size subs and how many you want?

12" treo ssx-$599
dd 9512-$563
aa havoc 15"-$450

Post Number: 6
Probably just one sub right now, can't afford two - this is my "college" money. I don't care what size, 12" or 15", doesn't matter...I just want it LOOOUD

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1287
get a 15" havoc, should be loud enough for you.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1726
i agree... but if you want a sick loudness, without SQ you can get a solo X or even the goliath you stated, but for an overall system i'd get the havoc for sure

Post Number: 7
What brand is the Havoc? I tried searching for 15" Havoc and all I could find was threads, no pics or specs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1291
http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us