Amplifier help

Username: Delux

Post Number: 6
I just got a Power acoustics ov4-800 amp (http://www.epinions.com/content_158809165444) and i was wondering if its any good. What subs would sound the best with it, i was looking at two 12" type-r's. Can the amp push those and how many watts would it be pushing into each speaker.. Also what is the difference between rms and watts, as u can tell im a complete newbie at this so any advice greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 238
no that amp wouldnt be good for a type r needs way more power. always look at the rms power. max means nothing. rms is like the actual average output for the amp. and max watts is what it is capable of reaching max.(if everything was perfect)(electrical wireing ext...)

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 240
try a type e

Post Number: 7
actually that is not the exact amp i have, But its just like that.. its the 820w 2 channel amp with crossover. Would i be better off getting 1 or 2 12's with it?

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 245
wait whats the exact model of the amp

Post Number: 8
http://www.epinions.com/Power_Acoustik_Gothic_OV2_820_Car_Audio_Amplifier/ display_~full_specs

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 246
you might be able to ull off 1 type r dvc 2 ohm. run it in series to get a four ohm load. or 2 type e ran in paralell into a 2 ohm load. i would go with the type r. tho even tho you are going to be underpowering it, it should still rock.

Silver Member

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 249
or if you looking to save some money go with an AA assassin great sub prob better than the r.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 974
can you sell it?

Post Number: 9
i could but do i really need to? i just want to push 1 12" for now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us