Epicenters

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1167
wut exactly are they???
do u reccomend an equalizer instead, or maybe an electronic cross over?????

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3416
epicenter=magic
its a processor... :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1177
so do u reccomend one from audiocontrol or are there better ones?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1178
do u use an epicenter for every amp?????
wut do electronic crossovers like wut chad lee has do?

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 12
how exactly does the epicenter work? like what does it do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1179
i believe its just a bass boost expander.....helps with the low bass tht amps cant pick up and recreates them....<<<<<<or so i have read..not exactly sure...but they sound like a good idea

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3431
audiocontrol makes the best products...
anyways, yes the epicenter is a PROCESSOR...

do you guys know anything about harmonics? well it helps recreates the lost harmonics especially in the LOW END....

u hook it up directly after the HU, you only need 1 epicenter...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1183
how is sound quality effected????is thier ne thing better to help ur system in sound then an epicenter..like eq....electronic xover????

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1155
if u can buy a orion bass maxx it will be betteer its a procesor that change the freqency makin your subs play louder witout much power and being clipped, i got one if ur interested check www.waves.com u can download an software for ur computer to see wat bass maxx can do or www.maxx.com but mine is the orion version its the same thing if u search the site they even tell u that theres is a orio bass maxx this is my procesor http://www.wavescaraudio.com/htmls/products01.htm

im sellin it because i got 3 i was plannin to use in each of my cars but i gave my car to my mom and i sold my van so i only got my explorer and im usin one i got 2 brand new in the box all the cables remote and instructions

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1156
What is MaxxBass?

MaxxBass is a patented technology, which extends the bass frequency range by allowing listeners to perceive bass frequencies more than an octave below the physical limitations of speakers systems.

In cars MaxxBass allows door mounted car speakers that typically drop off below 70-100Hz to play down another octave or more. It also improves the richness and loudness in subwoofer systems.

This is accomplished using the science of psychoacoustics on how we perceive sound. By building audio systems optimized for how we hear sound, significant performance improvements can be obtained. This is analogous to designing and building televisions that only display red, green and blue dots. When we view these displays our visual perception combines these dots to make a full color spectrum without needing to reproduce all the necessary color frequencies.

Unlike other bass technologies MaxxBass delivers more perceived bass while simultaneous reducing the likelihood of damaging speakers and car amplifiers. MaxxBass also delivers this extended bass without any perceived distortion. MaxxBass technology has been used for years in mastering most of the world's most popular music.

How is MaxxBass Better?

MaxxBass is NOT a bass boost technology. Bass boost technologies try to compensate for lack of bass frequency range by equalizing or increasing the relative volume of the frequencies near the speaker limit.

Bass boosts are bad because:

# They increase amplifier and speaker excursion limits, which can damage the car's sound system at high levels.
# They destroy the intended frequency balance of music.

MaxxBass uses psycho-acoustics to extend the bass frequency response.

MaxxBass is better because:

# It is proven to provide up to 1.5 octaves of increased bass range.
# It does not change the frequency balance of the music and sounds more natural than conventional bass boosts.
# It does not require more amplifier power and speaker excursion.
# It has been proven over many years of use in professional audio recording.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us