Good deal/choice on this zx1000.1

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 51
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-06-Kicker-ZX1000-1-ZX-Mono-Block-Class-D-Amp-1000W_W0QQi temZ9724681207QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i found this on ebay and was wondering if it was a good deal cuz im wanting to get about that much power to push a single 15 inch treo ssi subwoofer. needin sum proffessional advice. thanx much

and btw if i was gona get 1 sub would it b best for me to buy it w/ dual 2ohm voicecoils and run the amp at 2 ohm or sumthin w/ 4ohms or wut?? thanx and as u can see im sorta a newb to car audio

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 583
that's a pretty good deal, and if your using it for only 1 sub get the sub 4ohm dvc.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2145
VC configuration depends on the amp. if you get a Dual 2 ohm sub, it can be wired at 4 or 1 ohms. that wouldn't work with the ZX series amps, but would be perfect for the KX.

if you get the Dual 4 Ohm sub it can be wired at 8 or 2 ohms, which is perfect for the ZX series amps, but you'd need 2 for it to work right with the KX seires.

i just used the KX to compare because thats the line the ZX replaced. the KX puts out its highest power at 1 ohm but the ZX puts out its power at 2 ohms and itn's 1 ohm stable.

excellent choice in subs too. i have the Treo SSI 15, sealed on a Zapco reference 750.2 and its great. you shouldn't be dissappointed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
alrite thanx for the info i think i got all that understood. btw brandon how is ur box setup for that sub (size? ported or seald?)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
bump

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2263
my 15 inch Treo SSI is in a 1.75 cube, stuffed, sealed enclosure.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/220116.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us