Low engine interference noise while accelerating (off topic)

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 189
One month ago i've started hearing a low interference noise while start my car and /or accelerate (WITH THE ENGINE COLD), as soon as I reaches normal temperature the noise disappears.
Although my car is from 2003, i dont think it's normal. Also It's not a bad ground or something because i checked the ground of my battery, and my amplifier ground and both are very tightened.
Also that noise is when i have my audio totally off. And also that very low noise comes from (i think) the engine NOT the speakers.

My sparkplugs are less than 2000 kilometers (about 1200 miles).

What could it be?

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 352
It definately sounds like an electrical problem to me. I don't see how the spark plugs could have anything to do with it, but are you driving a Ford by chance?

I am guessing that you have an aftermarket amplifier in your vehicle. Did you hook it up yourself?

Silver Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 190
No, it was installed professionally.
And by the way it's a MAZDA 323 (PROTEGE)

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2848
the professionals should have grounded ur radio to the chasis of the car, not the vehicle wiring harness.. call back up there, and explain the problem, and ask them where they wired ur HU ground!

Silver Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 191
Does it still sound like an audio ground problem?
Even although I start my engine or accelerate with my amplifier, headunit and all off?

i meant it's grounded well (to the chassis)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2063
do you hear it with volume off, if not then it can be comming from alternator, you can try a ground loop isolator.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2064
also, can be a bad rca causing it.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1008
a bad RCA woudlnt cause it when the system was turned completely off.

Username: Bigmongo79

Post Number: 1
I had the same exact problem. when my brother wired my amp and subs. he wired everything on the same side of the car. he was supposed to wire the "hot" (power) and the audio cords on separate sides of the car. after i did that it went away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us