Getting only 150W out of 200W channel? (is it possible?)

Bronze Member
Username: Jinster

Post Number: 47
so i got my eye on ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH P8004 for powering my iridium 6.2s and a pair of eu-700 subs. they all recommand 150w as their max power. so i was wondering if the amp allows me to trim down the power output. cuz no matter how much i read the description of the product, i can't figure out wether it has that feature or not. cuz i'm a noob. thats why :P

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 855
Use the gain nob. (Also called Input voltage soemtimes) Just turn it down a little under your HU pre-amp voltage if you feel concerned, I wouldn't be though.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 923
No don't touch your gain. Your gain isn't a volume knob. You set it once and leave it alone.
As long as you don't crank up your volume, it's just headroom. As you turn up your volume, you're sending more power to your speakers. So don't turn it up too much and you'll be fine.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 862
LOL, I knew that too! I have been out of the game too long. :-( Sorry!

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 26
Yeah and why RF Punch for Iridium? If you put Ferrari wheels on a Mustang does it get as fast as Ferrari?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 866
^^^ Not sure if that was a completly appropriate analogy for the situation, but he does have a point. Powering your subs and components all on a 4-channel amp is less than ideal because more than likely you won't be giving the subs enough power. Maybe look for a seperate amp to power the components. Something a little nicer, for nice components like that. I don't know what kind of subs you have, but either way, if you don't actually own the RF 8004 yet, don't get it, no real point. Just get a 2 channel or mono amp for the subs, it will work much better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
isaac, what do you recommand for iridiums then? i was told phoenix gold xenon once but isn't that only in same class as RF? thx

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 33
PG Titanium would be OK.
ARC audio
Zapco
Linear Power (if you can find one)
DLS has some great amps
PPI Art series
Diamond Audio are pretty good too

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 870
It really depends on your price range as well, becuase there are some very nice brands out there that can make those Iridiums really sound great. Adding to Maris's list:

Xtant
Rainbow
Mcintosh
Harrison
Sinfoni

Look for Xtant amps on ebay, they are GREAT quality and most people don't know it. So usually you can snag them for pretty cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
yup, i just ordered dls 21 at infinitecaraudio for $220, free shipping and year warranty. i was telling the manager on the phone that on such such sites you could get it 240, 230sh and whatnot and he was like ok fine, 220 and free shipping. woot!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
now if i could find out which 150w x 2 at 2ohms amp could be best suited for a pair of eu-700s, i would truly be grateful. however it can't be nine.2 cuz they are on back order for 4 weeks and i want to get everything installed next week or so. thx again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
and now if i could just get a good amp for a pair of eu-700s... i need one that's 150w x 2 at 2ohms. and no it can't be a nine2 cuz they are on back order and i want to get everything installed next week. thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
oops..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us