Pioneer deh 5800???

Silver Member
Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 125
this a good HU? getting of crutchfield for 200 anything that price be better?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 59
Get a Premier p580mp, should be a similar price, better warranty and pre-outs.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2008
Crutchfield doesn't offer Premier models.

why crutchfield?? is the warranty important to you?? if not, try ebay.

the DEH-P480MP is better then the 580 performance wise but it doesn't have the flashy OEL screen.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 52
dont think negative, to be honest i wouldnt worry about warranties because pioneer doesnt break for years so go ebay if you have to and dont worry , i highly recommend p580mp its cheap and sounds like p7800mp because it has the great eq-ex like sound field control and youl like the effect

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 134
is the 580 and 5800 the same thing? and whats the diff?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2014
the 580 is the Premier model. the 5800 is the non-premier model. the 5800 won't support ACC files, which are the ITunes. the 580 will.

i've also heard the premier models have higher quality components and better build quality, but i can't back that up.

the 580 should not sound better then the 7800 unless the person using the 7800 didn't know what they are doing or it was hooked to poor quality equiptment. the 7800 or 780 is a much better unit. way more EQ and X Over options, higher votage pre outs, 24 bit burr brown DAC vs the 16 bit with the 5800....much better over all.

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 135
i think im gonna get the 680 cause i said id pay no more than 150 but the 680 is about 200 shipped so thats the max, is that a good idea? whats diff between 580 and 680?

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 140
or would the 580 be better, quick response plz i wanna order tonight THANKS

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2036
the 680 has more display options and more EQ and X-Over options. the controls are different too. it has the rotary commander vs the cross keys. not totally sure how much that affects things, haven't messed with both in person to compare.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 11
id go fo 5800mp its cheaper and you will enjoy the built in eq-ex(equalizer extra, gives you different sound effects as if you where listening to a live performance, but the 680 doesnt have it but better face and cross over

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 144
the 680 was bought thanks for all your help guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us