Infinity vs. jl audio vs. alpine. vs. other amplifiers.

Username: Buba

Post Number: 1
any opinions out their on what amp would do best?
going to use 2 infinity 10.1d perfects@4ohm mono in 6.5 sealed factory fit enclosures need about 700wrms x1/pefect6.1 components 150wrms/4x6 capa plates 60wrms/pioneer AVIC-D2 head maybe, anyways lookin at a jl audio 1000/1,450/4 combo or possibly alpine v12 combo or pdx, or infinity combo, been 10 years since ive bought an amp,(punch200ix,dsm ol skool) what would be best match/value these days for this setup in a 2006 silverado ext cab??? would the JL audio nuke my coils or kick arss?do the infintys put out the juice?,are the alpines clean nuff? shooting for stealth/sound quality over spl, and do not want to mess with big altnator-batterys-caps any advise/opinions would be soooooo helpful!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1925
you have 2 10's in a 6.5 cube sealed box?? if so, thats way too large!

i'd go with the JL 1000/1 and 450/4 over infinity or Alpine any day. although, i haven't heard much on the new PDX amps, other then they seen really expencive for the output.

i wouldn't go with Rockford's new stuff, isn't near as good as their older stuff.

the Infinities shouldn't blow if they get clean power, and 1000 watts is underpowering slightly if they are 700rms a piece. i don't know that they would take 700rms a piece though, that seems kinda high to me.

but, to add 1000wrms to the stock electrical system, you'll really need to look into a HO Alt of you'll have strobes, lol. no way around that other then not adding amps.

Post Number: 2
oops sorry, missed a decimal point in their,.65 sealed boxs, also subs take 350wrms each, running them sieries parelel 4ohm mono load Upload how would a new jl audio1000/1 stack up to a ol skool punch100 in wrms?

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 89
if the subs are a total of 700 rms, you shoudl save your money on the 1000/1 becuase i just think that woudl be too muhc power for them, maybe look into a 500/1 which would put out about 700 rms for the subs, i got one for sale if your interested

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 46
how much you wanting for that 500/1?

Post Number: 3
man, thanks Marcus for lettn me know what those jl amps are pushin, tat helps a lot!

ahh crudd just one thing, i was double checkin how much room i have under the front drivers side and passenger seats for the amps and found that a brace slides with the seat blocking where the amps would go DOH!! looks like i gota try to get all the juice inbetween the sub boxes or start getn creative. alpine pdx any good?? they look great for the space, hefty price tho..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us