Will upgrading my big 3 help my electrical system voltage level?

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 41
Will upgrading my big three with my stock alternator help with my voltage drop? At about 1/4 volume the voltage is about 13.9... Im pulling 150 amps for the car audio plus stock electrical system added on. I have a redtop and a 5 farad capacitor but I want to know what else I can do before I buy a HO alt, because im poor... Thanks,
Nate

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1374
umm big 3 thats about it but if you are pulling 150 amps then you need a ho alt the cap isnt helping you at all they only can help if you have the power to actually charge it consitently which your alt is not doing so you should just take that off your lights might dim more but its better for you electrical system in the long run. but ou should honestly get a ho alt maybe nates group buy or something

Bronze Member
Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 62
Hi Nate. This is NaTe. I would recommend upgrading the battery to alternator wire to at least a 4 guage, if you can afford a 2 gauge or 0 gauge it would be better. The big3 will help your alternator carry more power to the battery. I will be having a group buy on here in May. Email me with your vehicle info and I might be able to give you a crazy low price on an alternator - depending on what vehicle you have. nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com
NaTe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
k sounds good i'll wait till the group buy and see if I can get a good deal... thanks

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 813
13.9 is strong.
What is it at 1/2 volume?
Full volume?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
at 3/4 volume it is about 13 in the dips, 14 on the no bass parts... at full volume the voltage stays at 13.2~~~~~

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 831
you have nothing to worry about.
Any improvment from upgrading your charging system would be minimal to non-existent.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5499
If the voltage falls below 12.5v, then start worrying.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
thanks everyone!!!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 154
but i would say still do the big three with at least 4g or 0 if your going to ever get an HO alt. iv got a stock alt. and did the big three and it definatly made a differecne on the currnet flow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us