Completely New Install-Complete Newbie!!

Username: Myhopper

UK

Post Number: 1
Hi all, new to everything I.C.E.-even forums abouts it!!!
Looking for some help and advice for how to fit my system that i have bought, it is used, but nearly new, and with no boxes or instrunctions etc....as follows....

JVC mp3 head unit with pre-outs for , FRONT, REAR, and SUBWOOFER, it also has a small black lead out of it, with what looks like you could plug a small headphone jack into it, and a pre-in of LINE IN.

pair of clarion mids with tweeters for the rear, pair of phase 18xt 6x9's for the rear.
pair of phase linear front door speakers with tweets.

1 caliber amp- 2x130 Watts, bridgeable.
1 lanzar vibe 2 chanel amp, bridgeable 1600 Watts
Both these amps have 1 line in,1 line out, and 2 speakers out terminals on them, plus other settings buttons that i dont know what they are, and obviously the power, ground and remote terminals.

1 15" Atomic subwoofer in a sealed box, i managed to crack the centre of this sub of which the logo is on before i took it out of the 1st car, but it still worked fine, and from the look of it-it doesnt seem to be an actual centre cone???????????????????????????????????????????

1 10" pioneer sub in box, perfect condition.

Also a few different cables from a different install-not sure if any good!?!?!?!?!

this is what i ideally want to install-
but i do have a small pioneer amp at my disposal which was running the pioneer sub until yesterday, so any alteration of amps advice will be noted!

What i need to know is ... EVERYTHING!!!
I dont know what wires i need all together, what wires go where when i have them, what amps i should use for what items, and what to set the amp settings too.
I would like the option of have one subwoofer if possible incase i get fed up of not having any room in my boot!!

Things i think i know...

I need one cable to power the two amps to run from the battery to the boot where the amps are, what cable/fuse etc?? how do i get it for both the amps??

i take 2 audio jacks from the pre out's for rear and subwoofer from the head to the line-in's on the amps-
Which amps for which items, and what about the front pre-outs?
ground both the amps as close as possible to the car.
the remote lead needs to go from at least one amp to the head unit-what about the other amp-and where on the head unit?and waht size cable?
speaker cables to the subs and rear speakers-what size cables, and what about the front speakers?

PLEASE help me!
souns like alot, but i'm sure with the right knowledge from someone, i could breeze the install.

UK

Post Number: 2
also-do i need a capacitor???
thanks
My

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 129
wow thats alot of stuff but dont get a cap. and read alot on the 12volt.com to install it and just read alot on this fourm youll learn alot

UK

Post Number: 3
ok, thanks-be handy if i could cover it here thats all-as i been getting mixed research all over!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us