DEEP V8 EXHAUST?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 78
I have a 01' crown victoria with dual exhaust. I was wondering what my options were for getting a nice V8 sound outta my car. I dont have loads of money are there any nice cheap ways? What options do i have?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11467
put resonators on it, or glass packs

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2180
cherry bomb :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 191
YES B^^^^^^My dad has one and it LOUD!!!!!!

LISTEN TO B^^^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Do you guys know any places i should look to get one? Do i only need 1 for my dual exhaust? How much should i be looking to speend?? thx

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 192
Check local autoshops!!! you can use one for a dual exhaust!!

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11471
or, just get a car with an actual V8.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 693
OLd school Turbo mufflers, they are as deep as you can get it and even make a 6 sound like an 8. Back in the 80's when they had the old grand nationals, that's what mufflers they used and they sure sounded like 8's. Polo..

PS- they also had a set I think they were called Thrush..

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot2

Lynn Haven/Panama City..., FL

Post Number: 19
get glass packs those are loud as hell so are cherry bombs but if you want to you can do like i did to make my 1.5 4 cylnder sound like a NASCAR.... cut that crap off before your cat(take the cat off too)and just run like that but make sure that you leave everything in place so it still looks like you got your exhaust on i got mine shootin fire :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i have a 4.6L V8 in my car

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 695
He wants DEEP not loud, glasspacks and cherry's sound like sh!t they are too SNAPPY sounding. It is a Crown Vic not a Bu with a 500 caddy engine in it, lol. You want DEEP, go with turbos, it will give you the nice LOOOWWWW tuned rumble and not kill the person next to you. Polo.. :-O

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D630125&N=11 5&autoview=sku

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
loud is good to!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 699
If you need louder after the turbos, then unbolt your cat and use a long steel rod to knock the honey comb out then start the car up to blow it out (rev it good), old school trick,lol.. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2206

Agreed with Polo.... The deeper is better than louder... CherryBomb is what them high schoolers use.. However its the loudest thing you will possibly get from a pipe... :-)
I too suggest running a straight pipe from the exhaust manifolds... :-) Just hope u dont get a ticket after that....

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 150
i need help with the too .. i have a V6 3.8 buick regal limited.. i wanted to put dual strate pipes on mine but i was afraid it would sound like a little rice burner.. what would be good to put on the pipes for a nice DEEP tone

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
someone told me to get unbaffled glasspacks and it wokn't be all the loud but it will have nice tone to it... that true?

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot2

Lynn Haven/Panama City..., FL

Post Number: 20
go with flowmasters they give off low deep sounds i think ive heard their super 40 or summin like that they sound good

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
my dad has a flowmaster exuahst on his truck and it sounds hella nice but its a V8 and mines only a V6 so i doubt mine will sound as good as his

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 994
yeh if u want a deep sound get an uncatted H pipe with flowmasters

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11477
ok if you have a V8 and it's quiet, it's caused by a restrictive exhaust.
put headers on in place of the factory manifolds, and run new pipes straight out the back with non-restrictive cats and flowmasters. that'll liven the sound up.
If you want a meaner lope to the engine, you need a hotter cam, and that would mean reprogramming the ECU most likely as well.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 856
LoL. Glasswolf's advice is a bit... more expensive than it sounds like you're looking for.. And plus - when you talk about doing your headers, you're talking major overhauling on your engines exhaust system.

Huge performance upgrade comes with this too, though... But it's pretty major work on most engines, and isnt going to be a simple little job like replacing a muffler.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2223
hmm, I need a new cam... :-) performance reasons that is....

Runin straight pipes would be easiest for him, with new exhaust manifolds... that will be more than enough V8 sound for him... also cheapest route...

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
what if i was to put some headers on my V6 and run strate pipes?? can i get a V8 sound like that or should i still go with a flowmaster?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 717
You will never get close to sounding like a V8. I have been this route before. In my opinion the worse thing you could do would be to run straight pipes (no mufflers) it sound like sh!t not to mention backpressure would be horrible. Headers would just magnify the horrible v6 sound and get you tickets, not to mention there would be no need for a system anymore. There is nothing worse than a v6 sounding loud and not going anywhere. In order to mask the nasty v6 sound you need baffles to bring the exhaust pulsations closer, deeper and it will be harder for people to tell. If you ever heard an old school Grand National you would like it..Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 469
well yestrday i had a long post on whut jeff should do....but my school $ucks so i wouldnt let me post

No glasspacks, cherrybombs or any of that...
just get some flowmasters

u say u want loud choose from these 3

40 series -loudest, only 1 or 2 baffles inside (aka chambers) 80$ a piece from summit or jegs
(all price from their)

40 delta series-deep still loud but not as loud in the inside 100-130$

50 series-quiter still loud when u get on it (i assume thats whut u want) ????$ under 150

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
how much louder is the 40 series then the 40 delta?..and does the deltas deeper sound make up for its lack of loudness?

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Post Number: 14
Throw on a set of side pipes... @ $180 for the set. Cut the pipe just below the manafold and clamp them in...better yet have em welded... Also make sure to use a flex connector on the drivers side to comp for engine twist... I had a set on my 81 caprice w/olds 350.. Sounded sweet..

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1002
i had an some BBK headers, Uncatted Bassani X pipe and magnaflow catbacks on my 88 stang and it sounded sweet, an X pipe gives you a raspier sound as opposed to the deepness an h pipe gives you

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11482
my suggestions ofer performance gain because I see no reason for trying to make a car sound impressive when it sucks anyway. If you're going to sound mean, you'd better be mean.
Otherwise what's the point of spending money to make the car drone on at some tone that's going to give you a headache after 30 minutes on the highway?

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
40 is the loudest

the deltas are prolly a little less louder...because they have more baffles in side.....

An Glass u have a point....But its Nuthin Wrong with having a car that sounds good....That Doesnt Move.....My car sounds Decent..I want 2 put my 40 series on my car...to sound Good...But my car cant get out it own way....

For u i would suggest the delta 40 or 50 leaning 2word the 50's

the regular 40's might be 2 much.

do u like 5.0 mustang sound i thinks whut u must have heard since u talk about deepness not loud

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1008
"do u like 5.0 mustang sound i thinks whut u must have heard since u talk about deepness not loud " please rephrase

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
alright.......Havw u heard the old 85-95" 5.0 mustangs..........Basically around Virginia, ....there alot of old 5.0 mustangs running around that have a deep tone.....they arnt loud until u get on it.

Bronze Member
Username: Sweatyogre

PA USA

Post Number: 46
I'm saying f|_|ck cherry bombs and glass packs, just get some flowmasters.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Yea more of the 89-93 mustang 5.0 growl except louder.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 83
i had very good luck installing a magnaflow catback system on my 1998 z28, you should check out there website. They have sound bit you can listen to their applications.

Bronze Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 19
but unless you have a badass system on your comp you cant really hear the quality in it like the real low notes it puts out

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
just get some 40 series man.......materfact my mom has sum 40's on her volkswagen....it sounds good....better than those....dokey muflers..them kids put on there cars...never have to worry about rust either...

On a v8 it will sound good no matter whut...just to be safe(not to be too loud) get some delta series...or just call flowmaster, and ask whut muffler would give the closets sound to a 5.0 mustang on a 4.6 VIC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us