Battery goes dead.... ?

Username: Eagle12

USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 2005 silverado and I have left the stock radio in the truck and I have installed new component door speakers, rear speakers, a sub, and two amps. I have installed 8 or 9 different systems for different people with no problem. My system sounds great, but if I leave it off for more then 10 hours my battery is dead. When I open the doors I can hear a little thump or light pop. What could be causing this. The only thing I can think of is that I have the Remote turn on wire hooked up incorrectly. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1704
yes, you just check to see if amps are on when truck is off, if so you have constant power to them, not switched.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2461
yea...my guess is that you wired the remote turn-on on the amps to the wrong thing...make sure you have the remote wired to your trucks ACC or the HU's remote lead.

are the amps staying on when you turn the truck off?

USA

Post Number: 2
Yep, the amps are still on. That's why the sub makes a pop noise when I open the doors. I changes the wiring tonight and I will see in the morning if its dead or not. If I could just get reliable info on the wire coloring it would be fine but I have seen charts with two or three different color set ups. In general the blue and white wire is the amp turn on, but mine does'nt even have that.......

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2468
what type of source unit do you have?
(stock or aftermarket?)

USA

Post Number: 3
stock
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums