Soundstorm?

Bronze Member
Username: Themann

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 35
Will this soundstorm amp (2500W mono) power four CVR12s (wired to a 2 ohm load)?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16736

Or should I look into getting two amps and powering the four subs with two amps?

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 36
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11349
soundstorm is a knockoff of Soundstream.
totally crappy products.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 704
Soundstorm
Boss
Planet Audio

are all under the same umbrella, PA is obviously the flagship. I wouldn't personally consider Boss or Soundstorm to be in the "good on a budget" category.

I would be seriously surprised if that amp tops 1000w rms at 2 ohms.

Have you bought the subs yet? You would probably be better off with 4 dual 2's since there seem to be more budget mono amps designed for 1 ohm loads vs. 2.

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 37
Yeah I already have the subs. Two in my car and two sitting in the garage. My friend has a box for four and I want to get it. Do you think I should get two mono-block amps? I'm kind of on a budget so any deals would be great :-)

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 38
I want to add that I have heard from many that Soundstorm, Soundstream, Boss etc. all suck...so that led me to this - it seems like a great deal to me, but it looks like the older model - would it make four cvr12s hit (or at least two for the time being)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-1200-1_W0QQitemZ5875618107QQcategoryZ79829QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 40
bumpidy bump bump

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 606
Soundstream is good, what Glass meant by knockoff is that they tried to copy the name so newbies would possibly confuse soundsteam with soundstorm an buy soundstorm .. i personally promise you that the 2500D soundstorm amp will probably barely hit close to 600rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us