HHHHHHEEEELLPPPP

Username: Dorianf1

Norwalk, California USA

Post Number: 9
Ok here is the thing, i have two kicker subs , the dual 4 ohm CVR 12", rated at 400 watts Rms,
but i am going to buy a pair of kicker L7's, dual 4 ohm 15". that will be claiming 1000 watts RMS Each, so , i went to LA, to look for an amp for the L7s and the guy incharge of one of the stores told me that i should get a Hifonics BX2005D MONO , or perhaps an Alphasonik PMA600HCA which is 2 channels
here is the link for the alphasonic..... link to Alphasonik amp both amps are about the same price in Los Angeles, right by Central Ave. and 11th Steet, well the thing is that if i buy the alphasonic amp the store gives me 3 year warranty. so that sounds temting, but i want you guy's advice, thanks

I mentioned that i have the kicker 12" CVR's because i might get the Amplifier before i get the pair of L7s. so i might want to use the amp with my current subs, meanwile

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2622
hey dorian have you tried going to discount stereos on imperial and the 605 fwy? they are more expensive then going to downtown la but they have nice stuff.

Norwalk, California USA

Post Number: 10
are you serious, thats where i get off when i come from The university. i am going to check it out, its really close to my house, , but hey, what amp do you think i could get
out of the two options

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2629
discount stereos don't have the two amps mentioned i don't think. they do have jl audio, avionixx, fosgate, alpine, and a few others. after you buy an amp from them and decide to upgrade to another amp in the future, they will buy back the amp. they will give you a fairly good price. if its less than a month and you decide to change then they practically give you the full price you paid for the amp.

if you go to downtown la for the amps then i would go with the hifonics. you would be overpowering the subs by alot. also look around all the stores on 11th street. there a couple of stores in the middle of 11th street between central and stanford that has some low prices.

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 21
Hey I have two Alpine Type R 12"s that are 4 ohms and Dual Voice Coil. They are 500 watts rms and 1500 watts peak each. Will this amp overpower them or will it match up well? Hifonics BXi 1606D, It runs 1600 watts which would mean I'd be running 800 watts to each sub, would that blow them out or is it a nice match, please answer back soon,

Thanks...

Bronze Member

Norwalk, California USA

Post Number: 11
RMS Power (1 ohm): 1600 watts x 1 chan.

Divide tha channels by two, it will give you 800 W indeed to each sub,
well , i thing it is ok,
i was thinking, are the 2006 versions better than the 2005?? , consider or ask if you should get the 2005 generation or the 2006 because sometimes amps decrease their cuality. but maybe not, 2006 looks a little more decent tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us