Needhelp before i buy

Bronze Member
Username: Sexytroca

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 60
ok heres my problem,keep in mind i understand ohms and wattage and all that so u dont have to use baby words here. i want to buy the a8002t amp for two infinity refrence subs. i wanted the twelve inch subs because their rms is 350 and the amp runs 400 rms so, perfect fit. Yet, the 12 in a box wont fit under my sit so i need to buy a couple of tens. But i had a question, the infinity refrence 10 inch subs are rated at 250 watts rms, will the amp be too much and blow them or can they take the 400 watts, tanx for all ur help.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 186
If you set the gains right, with a dmm, it shouldn't, i think...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ok im putting this system together for someone and i dont want them to have something that blows up right away. hes counting on me to set up a nice reliable system for him adn id rather have expert help not "i thinks". so tans for your help but i need definite answers not maybes.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Post Number: 12
theres no "definite" answer for that question.

it all depends on how the gains are set (like josh mentioned) and how hard there played, how long, etc. if you don't want the subs to blow, either a)buy a different sub that can handle the power of your amp, or b) buy another amp if your so set on the infinity's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
well iam not really set on the infinitys iam acctually more set on the amp but i have heard the 12 inch infinitys with the amp and it sounded awsome, knowing this guy its probably going to play long hours, very long, and hell probably set the gains all the way up. so can any of you reccomend some nice 10 subs that can take 400 watts, prefereably dvc, tanx for all ur help

Bronze Member
Username: Ctmike

Post Number: 13
alpine type r's, jl 10w3v2, jbl p1022, or the se's. just depends on your price range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
can any one tell me of a good pair of 10s that can take 400 watts each rms, dvc. please help me i need info fast. tanx for sudgestions

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
ok i just got another thought, what if i get the a8000t. its a single channel ill wire the subs into one channel to make a 4 ohm load nad get 400 watts out of one channel. then each sub will get 200 watts. am i right? and will this sound good at all.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 189
It won't affect the sound if you wire it for 4 ohms it will get whatever that amp is rated for at 4 ohms, which i don't know off the top of my head, but it should be 400 since it is rated at 800 at 2 ohms...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us