Condensation!

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 348
my step dad just gave me one of his cars recently (1990 or somethin around there honda civic) and of course ive been waiting to do this, i look in the trunk and imagine my setup and see what i got to work with. well, i noticed that the carpet in it is damp and then i notice that on the top of the truck (the lid if you will) on the inside has a whole bunch of water drops on it due to condensation. the trunk is a very thing piece of metal. the gasket around the trunk doesnt seem to be faulty. do you guys think you know the problem, or suggest ways to solve this?? i plan on putting dynamat all over the trunk including the spot that has the condensation. i plan on doing this later when i get my system, but i cant do that until this problem goes away. do you think the dynamat would help? thanks.. sorry it was kinda long

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 352
nevermind i think i figured it out

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10972
sounds like the trunk seal needs to be replaced.
that rubber or foam ring around the trunk seal.

be SURE you dry that trunk out entirely.
if that water sits, it's going to eat through that honda like it was cardboard.

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 38
yeah when i bought my 94 626 the seals were bad and the car interior was ruined basically...anyway as for the trunk pull off the seal around it and under the seal might have rusted away...thats what happend to me anyway i had to rebuild it with some stuff...works fine now..

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 994
nothing tops my uncle's 69 firebird that sat in my grandparent's back yard. when we pulled it home to restore it, there was grass growing all in it and the trunk pan had rusted through and the top of the gas tank had rusted through, lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us